night owl

New STORMR STRYKR jacket

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is anything at all that is reflective on this jacket? Their website doesn't say. I don't buy fishing clothing that's reflective. Thanx in advance. 

13 hours ago, Vans said:

Stormr puts out great quality gear. Buy it.

Im of the same ilk.....I won't buy anything with reflective tape anywhere.   

It's a no sale for me if it has it regardless of quality.

If you do pick it up, please post back with how you like it. Considering this for a wading jacket instead of my GoreTex shell.

3 hours ago, Frede said:

Ha ha...."creapin while they're sleepin" perhaps?  I get it!

LMAO, that guy is such a clown

2 hours ago, Camhabib said:

If you do pick it up, please post back with how you like it. Considering this for a wading jacket instead of my GoreTex shell.

I just ordered one. When it comes in, I'll get back to you guys with full detail on this. If it has ANYTHING reflective, I'll return it. 

1 hour ago, night owl said:

I just ordered one. When it comes in, I'll get back to you guys with full detail on this. If it has ANYTHING reflective, I'll return it. 

The logo almost certainly is going to be. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t. That said, a sharpie or a bit of tape solves that issue instantly. 

38 mins ago, Kones1 said:

It could. But it scares big fish. 

One would think the two giant metal hooks wiggling around behind the huge chunk of glossy painted plastic attached to little bits of metal would as well, and yet here we all are. 

Have you ever watched 2 dogs feed ? 1 dog is so full it doesn't want to eat another bite, until it sees the other dog eat. Same as fish. Why do we use a teaser ? To make it appear like the plug is going to eat it , helping to trigger that competitive feeding frenzy. Something unnatural above the water is a warning. Also stealth, other fishermen and property owners. I don't want either bothering me. Out of sight out of mind. Wear what you want. If you need reflective clothes to fish a beach maybe take up bowling it's safer and they wear reflective clothes 

9 mins ago, Kones1 said:

Have you ever watched 2 dogs feed ? 1 dog is so full it doesn't want to eat another bite, until it sees the other dog eat. Same as fish. Why do we use a teaser ? To make it appear like the plug is going to eat it , helping to trigger that competitive feeding frenzy. Something unnatural above the water is a warning. Also stealth, other fishermen and property owners. I don't want either bothering me. Out of sight out of mind. Wear what you want. If you need reflective clothes to fish a beach maybe take up bowling it's safer and they wear reflective clothes 

As always, people should do as they please, especially if it doesn’t impact other. That said, it still remains that if all that hardware directly in front of a fish in the water isn’t enough of a “warning,” it seems unlikely a bit of reflective tape 100 yards away is either. It’s probably also safe to say that if the tape is the difference between being able to fish and not (either because of land owner, other fisherman, etc) then perhaps there are other choices to reconsider.