Mokes

Solar power win or scary bite of reality?

Rate this topic

325 posts in this topic

CNN thinks this is a win as I am sure most Progs here would too. 700 THOUSAND Solar panels, taking up an insane amount of land, displacing a ton of wildlife and destroying natural lands to power a mere 2000 homes. Look at what it takes to power 2000 homes lol. Solar panels aren't even recycled or good for the environment on their own either. 

Personally, this is proof enough for me that Solar power is worthless. Imagine trying to power a small city or large town with maybe 15000 homes? What would that look like? 

What say you? Win or joke?

Screenshot_20221002_124638.jpg

Have a pic of what those 700K panels look like ???  How much area it takes up ???

What does the storage battery array look like ???  How many days or hours can it supply power for when panels are not generating for whatever reasons ???

32 mins ago, Mokes said:

CNN thinks this is a win as I am sure most Progs here would too. 700 THOUSAND Solar panels, taking up an insane amount of land, displacing a ton of wildlife and destroying natural lands to power a mere 2000 homes. Look at what it takes to power 2000 homes lol. Solar panels aren't even recycled or good for the environment on their own either. 

Personally, this is proof enough for me that Solar power is worthless. Imagine trying to power a small city or large town with maybe 15000 homes? What would that look like? 

The current Solar array they have is selling electricity to other towns, it’s planned to have 20,000 homes built there operating off the array. They currently have 40MW of battery backup available and they encourage homeowners to also install solar and battery backups.

Is the pollution created by a town running on solar and batteries less than the same town running on say Natural Gas?

Seems to me that's the best way to compare and contrast, no?

The planet will be so beautifull when the greenies are done. 

58 mins ago, Mokes said:

Maybe they want to check if it's still there, when was this published. Aside from that, this is essentially a press release/propaganda piece. Not an informed article, par for the course for CNN.

1 min ago, Mokes said:

How big is the footprint for those 700K panels?

How can you make an honest assessment without knowing that?

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

How big is the footprint for those 700K panels?

How can you make an honest assessment without knowing that?

~

If you install a 6 kW system with 20 average-sized panels, your system will likely measure approximately 27 feet wide by 13 feet long - 352 square feet in all.

Its all fun and games till fusion power is achieved ..  solar has its place for people who want to be disconnected  from the grid or in locations far from power.. but after that and for the mass population if fusion is achieved solar will be nothing but a expensive dirty hand me down .

Posted (edited)

Assuming they are on every roof, how many would be arrayed elsewhere, cost, roi etc. As I said typical uninformed article. Propaganda piece

Edited by NJFrank

How much does the ranch charge its customers , how much does it cost to ac s 2300 sq ft house … how much does it cost to heat a 2300 sw ft house … and who controls the ranch from gouging the home owners on electric … hmmm how many degrees will joes green agenda lower the r temperature of america ? Any one at all have the answer … no estimates .. lol lol lol 

1 hour ago, KenY said:

Have a pic of what those 700K panels look like ???  How much area it takes up ???

What does the storage battery array look like ???  How many days or hours can it supply power for when panels are not generating for whatever reasons ???

6339da66d6f26_Screenshot2022-10-02at14-36-26GoogleMaps.png.796f9f0662c35f8ce7a3221bb9099d45.png