Sudsy

October 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

915 posts in this topic

Nice water with bunker just outside the bar, NE is building quick to window closing. Nothing going on, watching the Golden Eagle roll around like an amusement park ride - can’t be fun. 

Out front 8-10:30am. White water & washing machine but clear conditions where it calms between sets. @RiverCommando215 I fished horny and it didn’t work. Lol. SMH. 

Heard rumors of a biggie beached right near me so I will withhold even the county.

That rumor kept me in one spot too long, lol. Silly me. Otherwise, no love.

Be careful though. Especially if you’re digging in the bag for your next plug. (Don’t wanna lose that pricy wood!) 

I got knocked down to one knee by a random bigger wave and I was in inches of water walking parallel to the lip. I should know better but I wasn’t looking. 

Made it outfront in moco for high tide, about an hour before sunrise.  Strong NNE breeze and the surf was kicked up nicely.  the skies were overcast.  Plenty of birds working out past the breakers, but nothing inside them.  For the most part, it was empty in my area. A few guys came by and made a cast or two, but then left due to the wind…..I should have followed their lead. Skunk for me.

1 hour ago, KrocFoot said:

Hope so.. I"ve been saving 2 weeks vacation for this nonsense!

It's building...........new fish on the way....just hope the blow doesn't move the bunker out.

12am til just before sunrise. Moderate north to south sweep. Water clear. Love those conditions but, nada, zip, zilch. Little dicey in the dark.

Stay safe

Posted (edited)

"Still warm" , I have heard of that argument before.  Something is off about this fall run, the quantity is not there, from shore. If they do select the offshore route going south, kiss your fall season goodbye.

Edited by hobobob

Posted (edited)

Fished OC Fri evening thru this morning. It's fare to say I feel the results are shocking compared to previous years. Some of us have been doing this for longer than we want to admit. What my generation now believes is that we will eat Turkey before we'll eat Bass. So I'll see you then.

Edited by Duff

Posted (edited)

530-830, 2 spots out front OC. Not even a   tap. Only saw a very small  numbers of other guys, didn’t see a rod bent anywhere.

• Krocfoot said

Ditto...

Well I guess we all saw each other.

Edited by Duff

loads of hickory shad in the inlet. Good fishing for granpas to get the children interested in fishing. Just don't handle them!!!!! pepi la pew smells better.

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Jose is actually a super nice guy that always fishes out there.  I think he’s originally from Portugal. 

Good to hear. Xiao Ping is a royal PIA.. Saturday night report.. 3 bass 2@ 24 in and one at 27 in.  Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean. Late outgoing, lots of rain bait. Bass hit SP minnows.

Edited by JimK

Fish outfront moco during the day and found a line of guys and no one hooking up with bait being busted on the outer bar. Determined I went back at night and hooked up with one bass on a metal lip 

20221022_201555.jpg

4 hours ago, hobobob said:

"Still warm" , I have heard of that argument before.  Something is off about this fall run, the quantity is not there, from shore. If they do select the offshore route going south, kiss your fall season goodbye.

Same here.  It's not too warm.  2012 was one of the warmer seasons I can remember and I had fish the 2nd week of September.  Heck, when the numbers rebounded in the 90s I was getting Bass in JBay up until the first week of August.  There is just a lot less fish around than there used to be.  If this was 10 or 20 years ago, the fishing would be much, much better.