October 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Had to be up in MoCo for work tonight. Gave it a shot afterwards. End of outgoing into the flip. Fishable conditions. The storm really flattened out the stretch I hit. No weed, left to right sweep but manageable with heavier jigs/lures. Skunk but nice to be out to wet a line. Wind dies down tomorrow evening, let’s see how the water looks.

Edited by DeeMonee

7 hours ago, JimK said:

I didn't think of this, but the short fetch theory makes perfect sense to me. .. may take a bit longer for the water to clear up a bit, no?   

8 hours ago, sjsurf2014 said:

Wind will go NW and W starting Thursday I believe. And with this storm really close to us, the fetch is short so as soon as the wind comes down so will the surf. By Sunday, it will be Lake Atlantic.

Keep an eye on the wind and surf!

Somebody want to explain "fetch"? Is that like short period swells?

"Can You Hear Me, Doctor?"

7 hours ago, JimK said:

I didn't think of this, but the short fetch theory makes perfect sense to me. .. may take a bit longer for the water to clear up a bit, no?   

With offshore slated to start tomorrow and continue through the weekend, we may see the water clean up a bit more quickly.

I'd say fishable by Saturday ........hope so.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

there's been plenty of food churned up along the surf line.....find a pocket and the fish will be there.....omo.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

7 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

there's been plenty of food churned up along the surf line.....find a pocket and the fish will be there.....omo.

Yup, and im sure the fish have been feeding right thru this blow. Just not as susceptible to lures until conditions clear a bit. 

Pfantum Pfishah

3 hours ago, Ed White said:

Somebody want to explain "fetch"? Is that like short period swells?

Basically echoing what @sjsurf2014said.. a storm further away could cause the wind to blow from the NE over 300 Miles of water, while a nearby storm might only cause the wind to blow over only 100 miles of water.. long 300 mi. fetch vs. short 100 mi. Fetch.  The wave period refers to how quickly one wave follows another. However, I always equated short period swells with strong winds, not necessarily the fetch.   Long period swells are usually caused by a distant storm and may occur with no wind on the beach at all. .. any scientific types care to chime in? Gonna be a couple more days until reports are posted anyway.  Sorry for the font size.. I don't know how that happened..:wee:

Edited by JimK
Corrected typo

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"