luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2022

Rate this topic

212 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Those images are very dated. Dawsons, north parramore, and south cedar look very, very different then what google earth shows you. Dawsons and north parramore ocean side are awesome fishing spots.  South cedar, meh. Once you get a taste of the southern islands you’ll never want to bother with the OSV anymore though! Good luck!  

Edited by castnet

Posted (edited)

21 mins ago, castnet said:

Those images are very dated. Dawsons, north parramore, and south cedar look very, very different then what google earth shows you. Dawsons and north parramore ocean side are awesome fishing spots.  South cedar, meh. Once you get a taste of the southern islands you’ll never want to bother with the OSV anymore though! Good luck!  

That is very good to hear!  The google earth photos are dated 2013 so yeah I’m sure things have changed quite a bit. 

Edited by BLilly
Damned autocorrect

22 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

Was looking at cams as well. Looks like some nice structure on the north side there?

hopefully dnrec will let it sort itself out but this looks amazing

savagecx.png

15 mins ago, aguyinde said:

savagecx.png

Has me thinking about walking on....which I try to avoid anymore at 73.

3 hours ago, aguyinde said:

savagecx.png

That’ll be a distant memory in 3 weeks. 

Delaware does not hold that look for long

So what a blast we had at Dawson shoals! No bull drum today but good puppy drum fishing. The wife caught the biggest at 33”. We will certainly do that again. 

3AD16C31-0752-4C8F-A3A2-504A4BC06EBD.jpeg

Since AI OSV was still closed fished overnight at 3Rs.  Lots of dogfish and skates but no bait and drum. Beach was very flat and 7-8oz held just fine. Heading out again Sunday.  Hopefully MD OSV will be sorted out by then.  

Posted (edited)

We made it to AIVA 5min. before the gate closed, so far 1 nice kingfish and a clear nose ray. Quite a few bites for only being here for an hour. There are a no dunes at the parking lots and the OSV is real skinny. 

Edited by MDsurffishing

57 mins ago, MDsurffishing said:

We made it to AIVA 5min. before the gate closed, so far 1 nice kingfish and a clear nose ray. Quite a few bites for only being here for an hour. There are a no dunes at the parking lots and the OSV is real skinny. 

Are all the parking lots at AIVA usable?...or are walk over fishermen restricted to only the first one or two?

Walk over is only parking lot 1 right now, Rangers said they are not working on the others till spring. I'm not sure how they can fix how bad it, I'm sitting in the parking lot fishing right now