luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2022

Rate this topic

212 posts in this topic

I was going to come down Sunday but I am guessing the OSV will get closed with the swell/wind picking up overnight Saturday.  Hope you guys get on them.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, SteveZ said:

She still ain't singin'...

Nope, but less people fishing for them the more for us! We are heading down tomorrow afternoon till Saturday 

Edited by MDsurffishing

Posted (edited)

Fished north of Marcus friday evening. South wind and vivid stars. Beautiful night. Sand tiger (guessing) took me south through his lines just after dark. Unstoppable. Leader broke at the swivel. (50 lb.test). Line scuffed up. Lost in the wash and never saw it. Another run around midnight. Sand tiger landed. Around 4ft.

This morning a hard run at 9:30. Spit the head in the wash. Guy north of me lost his shark (saw the fin in the wash) in front of my rods around noon. Left at 3 today. Wind was picking up from the NE.

Chunks lasted 5 min, heads about 20. (hollowed head in pic).

Bait stealers worse than last week. 

Marcus.. I used all the spot heads (plus 1 mullet head) you left on my cooler rack. Thanks again. Good to see you.

IMG_20221022_140328748.jpg

Edited by 7nBait

She's singin' to me...still fish to be had but time for me to go home.  Good luck to you diehards. 

Jerry...:wave:

We had an uneventful 2 days with nothing but skates and rays. There was a BIG school of blues past the last bar about 3 football field in size and did get some stragglers come in close 10 to 12 inches. I haven't heard too many reports of drum being caught this weekend despite the good weather Friday and Saturday 

3 hours ago, SteveZ said:

She's singin' to me...still fish to be had but time for me to go home.  Good luck to you diehards. 

Jerry...:wave:

I looked for you on the way down friday around 5pm. Guessed you had left. 

I'm not hangin' up the rods just yet. Water temps in low 60's. 

Jerry, was great to fish with you for a tide!  Glad the bait came of use!  Thanks again md808 for the bait, i put it to good use and what i didn’t use was shared with fellow anglers.

i thought the drum i had as also a big sand tiger too….  Im not 100% sure a sand tiger made its way through that 50lb shock…. Rod went down same time you had the one lost fish on.  Ill reach out how i run rub leaders this time of year (fall drum with garbo’s, rays, and sharks mixed in).

49” put up battle that was appreciated after we saw it was in fact a drum :hooked:… she got a little payback too when getting the hook out :D.  Think that may be all for me for a while, have stuff lined up so i have the opportunity to make a run south in a couple weeks.

285EF6DA-4899-49D3-8B50-9EA9FED5D6E6.jpeg.cb9ec371a210b565e1d16562201f72fd.jpeg

Fished AI/VA on Friday, lots of Cow Nosed rays.  AI/MD on Saturday one Cow Nosed ray and my brother hooked a nice sized shark that broke the shock leader in the surf.  Got to meet 7nBait who was fishing next to us.  Good to put a face to the user-name.  Got stuck coming out after dark, thanks to the man who gave me a tug out, made an ugly situation a lot better.  Fished 3Rs on Sunday, no luck.

Meanwhile, in DE........was on south end of Fenwick from about 6 am to 1 pm. Arrived an hour before high tide. Things looked like they were gonna get very skinny. I stayed up near the dune as it looked very likely to over wash. The wrack line was right next to my Taco with a swale next to that. Saw the last of the big ocean buoy. About 20 mins after I took this shot it was on a front end loaders bucket headed south for parts unknown. Saw one other fisherman south of me. He was skunked. I had 2 small dogfish, one spiny one smooth. 

IMG_9192.jpeg

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg

13 hours ago, Frank2104 said:

Meanwhile, in DE........was on south end of Fenwick from about 6 am to 1 pm. Arrived an hour before high tide. Things looked like they were gonna get very skinny. I stayed up near the dune as it looked very likely to over wash. The wrack line was right next to my Taco with a swale next to that. Saw the last of the big ocean buoy. About 20 mins after I took this shot it was on a front end loaders bucket headed south for parts unknown. Saw one other fisherman south of me. He was skunked. I had 2 small dogfish, one spiny one smooth. 

IMG_9192.jpeg

IMG_9193.jpeg

IMG_9194.jpeg

That's a very nice picture of the bouy.