mako capt

Cooking Frozen Fish

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to pass this one along as we head into fall.  This works great with any light fish like seabass, porgy, tog that you've vacuum packed or god forbid store bought frozen fish.  It makes a great tasting and very easy meal.  I make this at least once a week during the cold weather months.

Set oven to 400*   Remove fillets from vacuum bag while still frozen.  Put a small puddle of olive oil on a piece of tinfoil.....silver dollar sized for me.  Put your fillet or two fillets if they are small on that and spread the oil around.  Season the fish with Everglades Fish & Chicken or whatever you like.  Grab a handful of frozen Broccoli and put that on top of your fish.  Add a tablespoon of water.  Now seal up your foil into a tightly sealed pouch.  Seal it as tightly as possible to keep the steam in and check to make sure there are no holes in foil.  If I suspect a leak I will double wrap it in foil.  Throw it in the oven for 35 minutes.  Dump entire contents, juice and all, onto a bed of rice.  Enjoy.

If I can't grill fish, this is the easiest and tastiest way I've found to make a great meal.  The cooking time works out perfectly to make a pot of rice and have everything ready at once.  I've done the same with frozen salmon but I prefer a light sprinkling of Old Bay and a smear of Mayo on salmon.

Edited by mako capt

If vacuum sealed slice open the bag add butter, spices, & veg. reseal & drop in simmering water to cook right in the bag.