ProSkateFisherman

October fishing reports

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

Our water is up about 2 feet and pure chocolate from Ian round one. I went out today with the cast net to get some bait. Minimal surface activity but I was able to throw the net blind enough times to get a few.

Unfortunately, round two of Ian will be here Monday and Tuesday, so the water might not start to clear up until later in the week.

I have been fishing the Atlantic side this year quite a bit. Stripers should be rolling in any day now. Our Chesapeake season opens October 4th. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Posted (edited)

I hope this weather gets the hell out of here and doesn't screw up the water for next weekend. I want to go back to the middle Choptank for some Yellow perch. The shallow water Rockfish bite in the lower Choptank was on fire last weekend.

Edited by ReeferRob

Getting out today. Been a week since I was on water - hoping to see more than just rocks.

Will check in tomorrow

I'm out on the water now, might as well be fishing in a completely different country. Bait is gone, water is almost 20° colder than it was 2-3 weeks ago.

35 mins ago, RWP said:

Ended up being a good day once it warmed up, caught so many reds I lost count.

That's what I like to hear! 

Whole lot of rat action.

Water wasn't too cold, we might have a week or so before it's only bass and perch.

Share some of those redfish @RWP

1 min ago, RWP said:

C'mon down, I'll put you on some fish!

Haha I'd love to, unfortunately got a wedding to be ready for or I'd be well into some VA trips.

How'd ya'll do on trout this year? Trying to understand if our last two years were a fluke.

I don't really fish for trout, but they are everywhere. People were catching them like crazy yesterday.

44 mins ago, RWP said:

I don't really fish for trout, but they are everywhere. People were catching them like crazy yesterday.

What a mystery they are.

We had a not great year for them, comparative to last two.

But by all accounts - those two years were out-the-blue.

My wife and I went out today. We didn't keep anything, but 8 reds between us, handful of other small fish too.

Lumii_20221007_183057365.jpg