Food

Marblehead MA

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

So my buddy is from California and a fly fisherman, never caught a striper before (I’ve tried but he just needs to put in time).  If inured I’d ask the amazing SOL community

He’s in Marblehead for a wedding and is staying near to what looks like a bay.  Anyone out there know where he could borrow a setup to catch a striper or 20? He’s told me he’s watching them bust all over.

Here is a pic he took don’t know how close it is to where he’s staying but he can get there. 

all help is appreciated. 

thanks

Posted (edited)

That’s Marblehead harbor. Pic was taken by someone standing on the shore of Marblehead Neck. 

He isn’t by any chance lodging at The Seagull Inn is he?

Edited by Joe G

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

That’s Marblehead harbor. Pic was taken by someone standing on the shore of Marblehead Neck. 

He isn’t by any chance lodging at The Seagull Inn is he?

He staying at a friends house on the water

1 hour ago, unskunk said:

His friend is a millionaire..............

Hahahahaha thanks y’all. 

Posted (edited)

I can tell you with great certainty that the photo was taken from the Eastern Yacht Club, or the house next door to it. You can make out the two high speed cranes used to dry sail the racing sailboats. If he is at the wedding I am thinking of, he will hear a great band! Bride's father is the bass player and is brother of member Twisted, on here. If he saw them busting today, he was among the very few I am aware of seeing anything. And it is going to really blow tomorrow

Edited by nightfighter

2 hours ago, nightfighter said:

I can tell you with great certainty that the photo was taken from the Eastern Yacht Club, or the house next door to it. You can make out the two high speed cranes used to dry sail the racing sailboats. If he is at the wedding I am thinking of, he will hear a great band! Bride's father is the bass player and is brother of member Twisted, on here. If he saw them busting today, he was among the very few I am aware of seeing anything. And it is going to really blow tomorrow

He saw them yesterday today he said it rained.  He talked to a guide and was told it was gonna suck. 

10 hours ago, Food said:

He staying at a friends house on the water

Gotcha.

The reason I mentioned The Seagull was because if he was staying there, he would have had the opportunity to use their watercraft to fish that area.  

8 hours ago, Food said:

He saw them yesterday today he said it rained.  He talked to a guide and was told it was gonna suck. 

NE winds gonna be raging today and up monday as well. Probably mung city, certainly dirty.

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Gotcha.

The reason I mentioned The Seagull was because if he was staying there, he would have had the opportunity to use their watercraft to fish that area.  

With all due respect, Joe; The Inn's late owner has a son who is a local guide. During summer months he (guide/son) hires out other guides and boats to fulfill his kids fishing camp bookings, which are fully booked well in advance. His business model was the first of its kind, at least locally and has been very successful. That said, the "watercraft" are not made available, but guests can book a charter if he has an opening. He puts people on fish and is a fraternity brother of mine as well. But the intel only travels one way..... It is a known thing locally, so I am not badmouthing a local guide. Just the way he is. So "opportunity to use" is a little misleading.

And no one is going out to charter locally today. Shore fishing a few downwind spots might be worthwhile when the tide gets higher this afternoon...

If someone helps him out and gets him on fish, will pictures of the location then be posted on SOL?