HopHead

Return to office

Rate this topic

284 posts in this topic

Imagine the nerve of the one who writes your paycheck asking you to be in the office 3 days a week.  ****in dooshbags.

GM delays return-to-office after employee uproar: ‘General Motors is doomed’

September 27, 2022 4:24pm 

General Motors pushed back the start of a return-to-office plan after facing fierce resistance from employees over its handling of the rollout.

The Detroit-based auto giant rankled corporate employees by announcing in a memo last Friday afternoon that they would be required to work onsite at least three days per week beginning later this year.

But GM executives reversed course in an update to staffers on Tuesday – saying the plan won’t be implemented until the first quarter of next year at the earliest. The company also apologized for the manner in which employees learned of the change.

“We acknowledge that the timing of the message, late on a Friday afternoon, was unfortunate. It was also unintentional,” GM CEO Mary Barra and other executives said in a memo to employees obtained by The Post.

GM executives will not dictate which days of the week employees work on-site, the memo added. The company will gather feedback from employees and provide additional details about the plan.

3 mins ago, HopHead said:

Imagine the nerve of the one who writes your paycheck asking you to be in the office 3 days a week.  ****in dooshbags.

GM delays return-to-office after employee uproar: ‘General Motors is doomed’

September 27, 2022 4:24pm 

General Motors pushed back the start of a return-to-office plan after facing fierce resistance from employees over its handling of the rollout.

The Detroit-based auto giant rankled corporate employees by announcing in a memo last Friday afternoon that they would be required to work onsite at least three days per week beginning later this year.

But GM executives reversed course in an update to staffers on Tuesday – saying the plan won’t be implemented until the first quarter of next year at the earliest. The company also apologized for the manner in which employees learned of the change.

“We acknowledge that the timing of the message, late on a Friday afternoon, was unfortunate. It was also unintentional,” GM CEO Mary Barra and other executives said in a memo to employees obtained by The Post.

GM executives will not dictate which days of the week employees work on-site, the memo added. The company will gather feedback from employees and provide additional details about the plan.

They can't build cars at home?

4 mins ago, HopHead said:

That, my friends, is most likely a flat out lie. 

Not sure what was to be expected when everyone was falling all over themselves to allow people to stay home and allowing them to dictate mask and vaccination compliance.  

I see it in our offices and with my clients.

One office I sit in, no issues, no masks, nada.  

The other, total drama, to the point I was there yesterday and two young woman sitting in a cube working on a project...masked!  

Right now employees have lots of leverage with the way the job market has been. But the market is showing signs of slowing down and layoffs are on the horizon, so more candidates will be competing for fewer jobs.  Companies will regain some leverage.

Seriously man, you spend the better part of 3 years scaring the living daylights out of everyone and then expect everyone to want to go back. Spreading fear has consequences. 

Just now, fishinambition said:

Seriously man, you spend the better part of 3 years scaring the living daylights out of everyone and then expect everyone to want to go back. Spreading fear has consequences. 

What are they afraid of now.....other than getting stabbed on the subway?

5 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Right now employees have lots of leverage with the way the job market has been. But the market is showing signs of slowing down and layoffs are on the horizon, so more candidates will be competing for fewer jobs.  Companies will regain some leverage.

The great reset.  

Just now, HopHead said:

What are they afraid of now.....other than getting stabbed on the subway?

People are still ****ing bricks over covid. It's a wimpy generation on top of everything else. Our society has created a cultute of weaklings and queers, of course they're gonna be afraid of everything. 

We had back to school night yesterday and the teachers were pretty firm that there are no excused absences this year, "EVEN FOR COVID".  :beers:  

Not all of America are poosays.  

5 mins ago, fishinambition said:

People are still ****ing bricks over covid. It's a wimpy generation on top of everything else. Our society has created a cultute of weaklings and queers, of course they're gonna be afraid of everything. 

100%......and they must be smashed.

4 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

We had back to school night yesterday and the teachers were pretty firm that there are no excused absences this year, "EVEN FOR COVID".  :beers:  

Not all of America are poosays.  

Yep.  My daughter, after 4 days back at school got covid.  Just a bad head cold really, I advocated keeping mouths shut and continuing on as if nothing happened, but the wife was adamant on 'doing the right thing'.

In any event, there wasn't even any kind of remote option to help her keep up despite the positive test.

I guess this is good news overall...start treating it like the flu it is

1 min ago, makorider said:

Yep.  My daughter, after 4 days back at school got covid.  Just a bad head cold really, I advocated keeping mouths shut and continuing on as if nothing happened, but the wife was adamant on 'doing the right thing'.

In any event, there wasn't even any kind of remote option to help her keep up despite the positive test.

I guess this is good news overall...start treating it like the flu it is

IT'S NOT THE FLU!!!!

It's the cold.  :howdy: