Captain Tuttle

China Targeting Global Fish Supply

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Would you expect anything less from a China and xi… fish until nothing is left and then triple  the price on what ever they can find …

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, Heavy Hooksetter said:

If anyone could come to the ocean it's China.

 

H⚔️H

I meant "empty" the ocean.

 

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to say how I really feel abut this, and China’s greed, however this isn’t located in the PG section or the tavern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things arn't bad enough ... seems like China has ZERO filter towards how planet earth works ...

there should be a Davy Jones line in the oceans and when you cross it  and then disregard its laws  

well .......................... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 mins ago, Carlezon said:

If things arn't bad enough ... seems like China has ZERO filter towards how planet earth works ...

there should be a Davy Jones line in the oceans and when you cross it  and then disregard its laws  

well .......................... 

In a lot of ways they're a medieval society with too much money. African elephants are going to be extinct because Chinese consider ivory a mandatory status symbol, sharks will all be gone for soups, and the f**king "traditional medicine" crap will blow you mind.  From tiger peckers to rhino horn to bears gall bladders, they now have the money to drive all wildlife to extinction to satisfy their superstitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, gellfex said:

In a lot of ways they're a medieval society with too much money. African elephants are going to be extinct because Chinese consider ivory a mandatory status symbol, sharks will all be gone for soups, and the f**king "traditional medicine" crap will blow you mind.  From tiger peckers to rhino horn to bears gall bladders, they now have the money to drive all wildlife to extinction to satisfy their superstitions.

Well I'm fine with the natural medicine aspect plant based  I agree killing off  lots of species ..but wheres the dam balance?  I wouldn't call my self a tree hugger but at the same time there has to be a  balance  for the flora and fauna of the planet.. doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out 3 miles of net behind a troller is a kill shot never mind thousands of vessels  .. they have fished their waters practically clean  so onto others waters to destroy their ecology .. and of all places near the Galapagos some of the worlds most diverse oceanic  life systems  ... something is going to fail catastrophically.... just a matter of time ..its really a sad state of affairs ..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Carlezon said:

Well I'm fine with the natural medicine aspect plant based  I agree killing off  lots of species ..but wheres the dam balance?  I wouldn't call my self a tree hugger but at the same time there has to be a  balance  for the flora and fauna of the planet.. doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out 3 miles of net behind a troller is a kill shot never mind thousands of vessels  .. they have fished their waters practically clean  so onto others waters to destroy their ecology .. and of all places near the Galapagos some of the worlds most diverse oceanic  life systems  ... something is going to fail catastrophically.... just a matter of time ..its really a sad state of affairs ..

Humans left to their worst impulses basically suck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extend the territorial waters,

limit fishing to certain % from your local waters 

and balance from international waters but having to pay certain dues etc… 

 

but who’s gonna police this? It’s not PG but big govt seems to be frowned upon…

 

also, don’t a lot of US fishermen depend on export for their livelihood?

 

aren’t we killing the bluefin in our waters to sell to Asia? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinghong1970 said:

Extend the territorial waters,

limit fishing to certain % from your local waters 

and balance from international waters but having to pay certain dues etc… 

 

but who’s gonna police this? It’s not PG but big govt seems to be frowned upon…

 

also, don’t a lot of US fishermen depend on export for their livelihood?

 

aren’t we killing the bluefin in our waters to sell to Asia? 

I don't know why we can't seem to deal with people who say that they need to kill the very last (fill in the blank: fish, tree, buffalo) because their grandad did it and they have to feed their family. Same with farmers using 80% of the West's water who choose to grow the thirstiest crops like alfalfa, rice and cotton in the desert. We just throw up our hands in when faced with people claiming what belongs to the public is theirs for the taking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chinese have a very narcissistic view of their culture/society vs everyone else.  They feel they are entitled to take what they deem their share of various resources.

 

Its OK for them to build coal burning power plants like crazy because their catching up to “the west”.  Of their population needs (which it does) the protein of fisheries around the globe, they are entitled to take what they want.

 

In many ways China is still a developing nation/economy.  There are many more internal pressures and challenges that their struggling with.  Don’t look for them to “see the light” regarding resource use/abuse.  They’ll only stop raping the seas when they’re forced to.

 

Jeff B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

youtube :   Chinese tourist buffet.. sums it up .. even their plants trees fish bugs blights are invasive ..

:-\

Edited by Carlezon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The seals ! Eat the effin seals already. There are plenty 400 lb seals ,too many   So sell them the seals. A little kickoman joy juice and some duck sauce and viola , best colonel Tsao's seal ever. New trend   Many restaurants gonna start selling this delicious and nutritious dish. Yes indeed. Soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.