mybeach

game cameras, trail cameras, etc

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Just now, Eagles Dare said:

Don't let him kid you. Mitchell is the doodads king.

I know. He carries tweezers in his jeep. 

On 9/27/2022 at 6:46 AM, Eagles Dare said:

Tactacam Reveal is the best combo of affordable price and cell plan, and picture quality. Not sure you'll need the rechargable/solar setup. I get nearly a year with lithium AA's, and that's in video mode which uses more than just stills. But it's an option if you have to have it.

^ what he said.  I haven't changed the batteries in a year.

Sam's Club has a Stealth Cam Command for 80 bucks, comes with 1 month free cellular, memory card and batteries. I have both that one and the Tactacam and there isn't much difference, only thing is if the batteries go under 25% it gets iffy with sending pics. Someone already mentioned it, lithium ion batteries are they way to go. 

4 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Sam's Club has a Stealth Cam Command for 80 bucks, comes with 1 month free cellular, memory card and batteries. I have both that one and the Tactacam and there isn't much difference, only thing is if the batteries go under 25% it gets iffy with sending pics. Someone already mentioned it, lithium ion batteries are they way to go. 

You just brought up something worth mentioning.  

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who uses the reveal and he told me to use a very specific card in that cam.  He said that if you don't use it, it won't send all the pics because the data rate can't keep up with the cellular service or some ****.  He told me not to trust the pics being sent and to always check the chip too.  

5 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

You just brought up something worth mentioning.  

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who uses the reveal and he told me to use a very specific card in that cam.  He said that if you don't use it, it won't send all the pics because the data rate can't keep up with the cellular service or some ****.  He told me not to trust the pics being sent and to always check the chip too.  

Yup, when you are setting it up it will tell you if the card is compatible. Mine came with a card that works, but it's only 16gb. Tried putting in a different card once and stopped getting pics.

I’m thinking I’ll be looking for updates a few times a day, nothing tremendous. 

our neighbor will definitely be providing some ad well lol, guaranteed. 

her work is less than stellar

9C84D12F-0821-4795-9716-66740848FF14.jpeg.2f396962b8bb8722601f64fa4f6ab319.jpeg