gary_mag

Headed to Rhode Island

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I’m headed to Rhode Island in mid Oct to catch the Striper Fall Migration. Any reports on how the fishing is now?  I target from Narragansett to Watch hill. All shore fishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gary_mag said:

I’m headed to Rhode Island in mid Oct to catch the Striper Fall Migration. Any reports on how the fishing is now?  I target from Narragansett to Watch hill. All shore fishing. 

Lights out right now. Slots for days in the upper bay it’s not even funny. Bloodbath. fish into the 40lb class has been regular as well if you can find feeding schools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right on that is great news!  Past few years most of the action has been pretty slow on the beach. Have there been Blues mixed with the bass this year?  Getting big blues with surface plugs is crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Lights out right now. Slots for days in the upper bay it’s not even funny. Bloodbath. fish into the 40lb class has been regular as well if you can find feeding schools

When you say "Upper Bay" do you mean like Goddard Park in Narragansett Bay?  I have fished the lower part of Newport occasionally but when I am there in Oct. I usually cruz from Narragansett/Pt. Judith to Watch Hill.  Should I check out further North in the Upper Bays also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gary_mag said:

When you say "Upper Bay" do you mean like Goddard Park in Narragansett Bay?  I have fished the lower part of Newport occasionally but when I am there in Oct. I usually cruz from Narragansett/Pt. Judith to Watch Hill.  Should I check out further North in the Upper Bays also?

I will let you know once it gets closer to your fishing dates. Might change but in October I’ve had luck pretty much everywhere and try to stay away from south county because of the crowds. Wouldn’t mind showing you my 40” fish hole in south county either if the tide is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2022 at 0:45 AM, gary_mag said:

I’m headed to Rhode Island in mid Oct to catch the Striper Fall Migration. Any reports on how the fishing is now?  I target from Narragansett to Watch hill. All shore fishing. 

Just fished the southern bay out front and around the bridge by boat. No big blitzing schools and/or bird activity. But fish are around … Schooligan Stripers, Bluefish and Albies. The approaching storm should make a difference? Triggering schooling baitfish migration? October could be epic. I would follow the RI regional thread for the best current information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ll be in great shape. Reports are good throughout the state right now, big feeds. Obviously, things can change.  Full moon Oct. 9th… you know the drill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vans said:

I'm heading in that direction later on in the week. I've been itching to try a couple spots out.

I will be as well, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.