Goldy

Tonight I learned what a furry is.

Rate this topic

170 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i was on vaca in VA last month and went into a Panera Bread for a coffee. the girl at the register was wearing a full purple cat outfit. just her face showing. 

Did you ask "it" where Panera's was, since you must have accidentally walking into PETCO?

40 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

This is what I mean. It’s usually “ my cousins butchers landscapers friends uncle said…”

Umm, it's a student in a school where the sister of a woman my wife works with teaches.  Apologies for challanging your comprehension skills.

1 min ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i was on vaca in VA last month and went into a Panera Bread for a coffee. the girl at the register was wearing a full purple cat outfit. just her face showing. 

If it wasn’t a biz like Panera I’d be surprised they let that go. 

Just now, HugeDinghy said:

I don't panera but from what I understand, it is a "progressive" organization.

That said, employers need to be very careful how they respond to situations like this.  All it takes is one to blow up on social media, the company gets cancelled and sued.   I know I know..everyone says "get sued."  I sell the insurance that pays to defend those claims.  It's shocking to me how many employers don't feel the feed for this coverage. 

9 mins ago, FishermanTim said:

Did you ask "it" where Panera's was, since you must have accidentally walking into PETCO?

LOL. My wife and i thought it might be some sort of costume day. but no, normal day in the life.

next time i will. tired of the casual "seeming it's normal". time to call it out.

7 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

agreed. corporate blah blah. 

14 hours ago, z-man said:

She said there is one kid that wants to be called Cricket and dresses like a frog and makes frog sounds. WTF!

LcAxW9W.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=57fc4aaba47d8

9 hours ago, FishermanTim said:

The goths and punks didn't require they be referred to as someone/something different, and the schools didn't bend over backwards to cater to them. They let them be themselves, as long as they didn't disrupt the rest of the students.

Now, the schools will bend over backwards, take it all up the poop-chute and make everyone else cater to these social rejects.

Then the school cries that they can't retain teachers and need lots of money to cover their expenses of catering to these social disasters.

It's a freaking embarrassment that the teachers and schools have to deal with all the social "issues-of-the-day" before they can even begin to teach (aka "condition") our children. Don't even get started about the rewriting of history to make people feel less butt-hurt about the past.

This guy makes sense,  all I would add would be a good azz kicking would straiten out these foolish kids.

I’m gonna go out on a limb a say kids wanting to be ‘furries’ may actually be homo and the furry thing is just a step in a graduation process that has just recently become available. So in other words, if your kid wants to be Garfield, he’s probably already, long since, slid down the slope and is yesteryear’s gay.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:23 PM, z-man said:

I asked my kid what the current furry situation is at school. She said most of the kids that were cats last year have given that up and have now decided to change their names instead. She said there is one kid that wants to be called Cricket and dresses like a frog and makes frog sounds. WTF!

Yes, a lot; A LOT of name changes, and some very weird ones.  :beers:

Posted (edited)

27 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb a say kids wanting to be ‘furries’ may actually be homo and the furry thing is just a step in a graduation process that has just recently become available. So in other words, if your kid wants to be Garfield, he’s probably already, long since, slid down the slope and is yesteryear’s gay.

Yes

I no joke had a kid bark at me today.  Where’s the belt.

Edited by t_man7

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

This guy makes sense,  all I would add would be a good azz kicking would straiten out these foolish kids.

Mob rule. 5% controls the 95

11 hours ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

LOL. My wife and i thought it might be some sort of costume day. but no, normal day in the life.

next time i will. tired of the casual "seeming it's normal". time to call it out.

Bring a laser pointer and see if she chases it.

7 hours ago, looney tunes said:

Bring a laser pointer and see if she chases it.

LOL.

why wouldn't she. do you think she has a giant litter box at home?