tobiasfrost

Old line ID?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This is on an old saltwater setup that didn't get used more than a few times.  It's probably around 20 years old.  Line itself is in good shape, not cracked at all.  I'm just wondering if it's sinking or floating line.

It was bought for stripers I assume, all I could find with it is a few streamers.

Any chance anyone recognizes what it might be?  Otherwise I'll find out when I throw it in I guess.

20220926_213618.jpg

Pull off about 25-30'[head] and see if there's a running line compared to what you see now.Did you happen to remove the spool and look on the inside to see if a tag is attached to the spool identifying the line?

Suck it and see and you will find out. Line probably is going to be a bit curly. Try a gentle stretch at first. From colour alone I suspect line is either a floater or intermediate.  Best if you replace that loop tied in the fly line by either a braided loop or a loop made with two nail knots.

Have fun.

mikey

Didn't even take the fly fishing gear out of the car, it was way too windy and in my face most of the day.  One day I will catch something with this gear though.