dannyplug1

AQUA SEAL

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I found the leak in my waders (thanks for the help SOL brothers).  It’s on the boot it’s a muck boot.  Should I use rubber cement or aqua seal?  And if I use aqua I have some questions.  First I have stored it in the freezer for a couple of years will it be OK. To use?  I was doing some research aqua seal has an accelerator.  Has any one out there have any experience with aqua seal and or the accelator?  Hopefully I can fix my waders and be out tomorrow night.  Thanks Charlie .

I would aqua seal it with out the accelerator. You should be good by tomorrow. I’ve done it and had no problems. 

Charley- certain rubber boots will not accept aquaseal as a patch. Give it a try but Sometimes it will fall off. Depending on the type of rubber boot you also may be able to use one of those chemical tire patch kits. 

14 mins ago, DZ said:

Charley- certain rubber boots will not accept aquaseal as a patch. Give it a try but Sometimes it will fall off. Depending on the type of rubber boot you also may be able to use one of those chemical tire patch kits. 

Didn’t know that’s  good info there. Thanks 

I would use e6000 like @Goldy told me to do.  I just repaired my Patagonia waders after a 3/0 Vmc went through them.  Worked pretty well.

7 mins ago, t_man7 said:

I would use e6000 like @Goldy told me to do.  I just repaired my Patagonia waders after a 3/0 Vmc went through them.  Worked pretty well.

Glad u tried it.  Holds up well. 

not sure about muckboot. How big is leak

If it's a big solid crack I would use aquaseal along with a fabric patch--ripstop nylon seems to work. 

If it's hairline crack you could just do aquaseal or also aquaseal plus patch. 

I find the patch can help protect against sun and against the aquaseal separating from the boots which can happen. 

Actually last year I did a repair with some 20 year old Aquaseal and Cotol 240 Accelerator I had laying around and product worked as if brand new

I been using goop forever . It’s pretty similar to aqua seal but can be found at the big box stores and is waaay cheaper . Works great on rubber boots and neoprene 

13 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

I been using goop forever . It’s pretty similar to aqua seal but can be found at the big box stores and is waaay cheaper . Works great on rubber boots and neoprene 

^^^....goop adheres well. stop by local pool supply store and get a small pool underwater patch kit, if the inside of the boot is rubber no cloth liner patch it inside and out, works great on rubber boots.

13 hours ago, dannyplug1 said:

I found the leak in my waders (thanks for the help SOL brothers).  It’s on the boot it’s a muck boot.  Should I use rubber cement or aqua seal?  And if I use aqua I have some questions.  First I have stored it in the freezer for a couple of years will it be OK. To use?  I was doing some research aqua seal has an accelerator.  Has any one out there have any experience with aqua seal and or the accelator?  Hopefully I can fix my waders and be out tomorrow night.  Thanks Charlie .

If the rubber is still okay, carry on. Goop/e6000 or Aqua seal should both work. 

If the rubber is in the process of rot & decay, you’re fighting a losing battle. Ditch them & buy new. 

I wasted time & glues on that problem. 

I just repaired an inflatable mattress with Aquaseal and it holds my big ass so this is tough stuff.  I use it on my waders too

On 9/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Wire For Fire said:

So this goop you speak of would work on a wetsuit fine?

43 mins ago, MainelySmallies said:

So this goop you speak of would work on a wetsuit fine?

Never tried but imagine so .. clean the area and let it dry completely and have at it .. there a few different types now , like plumbers goop etc. ya want the one that just says goop