DonLBI

BBK fast snap

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Just stumbled on an add for BBK fast snap. They look sturdy and come in several sizes. Anyone get a chance to try em yet?

877FF0D9-DAED-475B-821C-023475726D4C.png

Posted (edited)

Yes, they work well…

BKK Fast Snap 41

5AA0EB46-396F-44B5-A5C5-48C707951A5F.jpeg

Edited by Inshore

Bkk makes quality stuff.  I haven't tried those but have their egg duolock snaps and their assist hooks.  Very happy with them and will be buying more.  

When I get a new product, I like to test one till it breaks.  I pull on them, bend them, twist them. All sorts of stuff.  Gives me a base understanding of the product.  Then I tie up my normal fishing rig. Tie one end to my workbench and the other end to me and walk backwards till something gives out.  I assess the failure and see if it meets my standards. 

Gives me something to do and takes away that "what if" demon.  

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

I pull on them, bend them, twist them. All sorts of stuff

I did the same type of destructive test with these snaps vs TA and felt these preformed better as it took more force to destroy them. Good enough for me.

I’ve been fishing them for about six weeks now without any issues at all.

Edited by Inshore

From the looks of the BKK fast snap, they look like they allow for more action with lures with the wider base than a TA clip but probably similar action with a duolock.  I ordered some to test out.

Not as widely sold as the TA clips.  Both are great!.

Unfortunately, if you're like me.....you lose the box of clips at least 2x a year....So you have to either remember to order ahead or pick up what's available.

I can't say I like the BKK more than the TA...The TA is the gold standard.  The BKK is an equivalent.  Is it stonger.....Feels like it is...but I've never had a TA clip open, so if there is a bonus....it doesn't factor for me.  I use the 75 and 50lb clips from ta most often.....I don't choose them for strength...but more for the lure.  Heavy nose loop wire I go 75lb....sp minnow type 50......that's how I roll anyways....

I use Mustad fastach clips in FW and nooooooo body stocks size 0 and 1 in my area.....So I've trained myself over the last decade to always have a good supply.  Otherwise I can't use hardbaits in fw since all the rings are gone.

Curious to know if these would work on Charlie Graves tins. I never fish them anymore because they don't fit on TA clips

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, HarryHood711 said:

Curious to know if these would work on Charlie Graves tins. I never fish them anymore because they don't fit on TA clips

I don't think they will.  

Look at Point Jude tins.  They use a wire nose instead of a grommet eye. point-jude-lures-pojee-spinner.jpg.d447200eab178fc5eda0cf2618fafbdb.jpg

Edited by PSegnatelli

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, HarryHood711 said:

This is why I’m slowly going back to snaps. Tins, poppers and bucktails can be a pain to get on the clips 

Edited by Finneus

Just now, Finneus said:

This is why I’m kind of going back to snaps. Tins, poppers and bucktails can be a pain to get on the clips 

Was chatting with Ralph Votta last week at a local show, he said Rosco clips hold up well. I always remembered that style clip being brutal to open esp when your hands get cold. But, I suppose there's always going to be some kind of downside to any product you use

Just now, HarryHood711 said:

Was chatting with Ralph Votta last week at a local show, he said Rosco clips hold up well. I always remembered that style clip being brutal to open esp when your hands get cold. But, I suppose there's always going to be some kind of downside to any product you use

Yeah I like the duolock snaps. They have room for tins to move and are easy enough to open in the dark or cold. 

just got my BKK's in the mail this morning. ordered a pack of 50 and 80. Seem like a good option compared to the TA's. 

Do you guys use 50# TA's for striper? I've always used 75+ but maybe thats overkill. 

13 mins ago, surfstryker said:

just got my BKK's in the mail this morning. ordered a pack of 50 and 80. Seem like a good option compared to the TA's. 

Do you guys use 50# TA's for striper? I've always used 75+ but maybe thats overkill. 

I use 75's, I found the 50's to be too small at times