RWP

Guides for Ultegra 5000 FC

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I don't build many spinning rods, but I'm looking to put one together. Going with KW guides.

The blank is 7' 8", I've built on this blank many times as a spiral wrapped conventional. The blank is extremely parabolic. Rear grip will be around 14".

30, 20, 12, 8s to the tip

30L, 20, 12, 8s to the tip

25, 16, 10, 8s to the tip

Thanks

Not very familiar with that reel but the 30,20 ... combo doesnt sit right if you are using the 30 highframe. the 30L 20 12  8's would be better. I have built for a stradic 5000 and reels that size and the 25 ring is definitely big enough but it is a very low to the blank. The blank being very parabolic I would try and get the first guide as close to the reel as possible without impeding the line flow on your cast so the large ring may be a good idea. Single foot guides are also a good idea if its something you do for this rod. the klag25 is actually higher off the blank the the kwag25.

11 mins ago, SurffisherMike said:

Not very familiar with that reel but the 30,20 ... combo doesnt sit right if you are using the 30 highframe. the 30L 20 12  8's would be better. I have built for a stradic 5000 and reels that size and the 25 ring is definitely big enough but it is a very low to the blank. The blank being very parabolic I would try and get the first guide as close to the reel as possible without impeding the line flow on your cast so the large ring may be a good idea. Single foot guides are also a good idea if its something you do for this rod. the klag25 is actually higher off the blank the the kwag25.

Thanks. I'd like to stick with the kws. My rods take a beating on my kayak.

I think I'm going to skip the 30L and add a 25 between the 30 and 20.

I think that 30 highframe is higher than you need. i would prefer the 30L setup since it gets you to smaller rings and closer to the blank faster. 

13 mins ago, SurffisherMike said:

I think that 30 highframe is higher than you need. i would prefer the 30L setup since it gets you to smaller rings and closer to the blank faster. 

Got it. Thanks. That's what I'll order to start.