HOCKEYDAD

NY gun free zones

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

So Times Square is off limits for CCW. Why not just tell the criminal element where they don't have to be concerned that someone may be armed because that's what it actually does?

what are you trying to say...the CRIMINALS won't follow the law? you mean to tell me they'll still bring a gun to time square even though it's illegal...that can't be.

1 hour ago, big popper said:

what are you trying to say...the CRIMINALS won't follow the law? you mean to tell me they'll still bring a gun to time square even though it's illegal...that can't be.

Doesn't matter. They will be back on the streets in an hour. Be interesting to see what happens to a licensed CCW gets caught in Times Square 

Just now, HOCKEYDAD said:

Doesn't matter. They will be back on the streets in an hour. Be interesting to see what happens to a licensed CCW gets caught in Times Square 

i did a little reading it seems licensed CCW holders can walk through but not stop:laugh:im not sure what that means .

11 mins ago, big popper said:

i did a little reading it seems licensed CCW holders can walk through but not stop:laugh:im not sure what that means .

Mabey they are considering the fact that having random gun free zones for certain blocks and not others is impractical and will come under a lawsuit sooner or later if they don't make som kind of consideration?

4 hours ago, big popper said:

Sounds similar to Peaceable Journey Law

9 hours ago, HOCKEYDAD said:

So Times Square is off limits for CCW. Why not just tell the criminal element where they don't have to be concerned that someone may be armed because that's what it actually does?

The criminal element thought that up and put it in force. Sanctuary. 

let me make a prediction. 

The commies in NY/NJ will, all of a sudden, be pro "stop, question and frisk" at """random""".  They won't target the thugs and parasites, just the law abiding gun owners making sure they are unable to defend themselves and their family during this DCW (dem crime wave) in their crime ridden chit holes. 

2 hours ago, Misled said:

let me make a prediction. 

The commies in NY/NJ will, all of a sudden, be pro "stop, question and frisk" at """random""".  They won't target the thugs and parasites, just the law abiding gun owners making sure they are unable to defend themselves and their family during this DCW (dem crime wave) in their crime ridden chit holes. 

All under the guise of "anti racial profiling".

18 hours ago, DMacLeod said:

All under the guise of "anti racial profiling".

Bet on that, and believe that the ridiculous bail reform laws won't apply in these cases, all of a sudden the DA will get tough on crime...

On 9/23/2022 at 9:50 AM, HOCKEYDAD said:

In reality most of the city and the outer boros are gun free zones...all of the mass transit system, houses of worship, schools, playgrounds, parks, bars and any eatery that serves alcohol, government buildings...I'm sure I missed a bunch too. If traveling by car the Governor has instructed people to leave their sidearm locked inside... but no mention of who's responsible if the car is broken into and it's stolen.  

18 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

In reality most of the city and the outer boros are gun free zones...all of the mass transit system, houses of worship, schools, playgrounds, parks, bars and any eatery that serves alcohol, government buildings...I'm sure I missed a bunch too. If traveling by car the Governor has instructed people to leave their sidearm locked inside... but no mention of who's responsible if the car is broken into and it's stolen.  

It would be easier to say where guns are allowed. There are not many…