Fergal

Wood River Tackle Bag - OLD

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Wood River is long gone, I have no idea how long. I've have 2-3 of these over the years. This is my last one and it's on its last legs. Dry rot is starting, too much sun and water. This one is probably 20 years old. It holds an absolutely amazing amount of stuff - 3 boxes, 6 small tippets spools, pliers, little tools, shooting head wallet, camera/phone, several bigger line spools as well. Most importantly, there are various small pockets and dividers to hold stuff in an easily accessible way. I'm looking for a new one (old stock) or something similar. I came across multiple smaller ones a few years ago and bought them up but I have yet to see this one. If anyone has one, knows of one or something similar it would be greatly appreciated. It's an incredible long shot but worth a try.

IMG_6863.jpeg

IMG_6866.jpeg

9 hours ago, Drew C. said:

two other pics from the internetz

s-l300.jpg

12729126_959087784180118_5921508731448286200_n.jpg

Wood river Alaska has their own store = Amazon

not sure if it’s the same model  

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Hook I said:

Wood river Alaska has their own store = Amazon

not sure if it’s the same model  

I found that, no bags, wood working stuff only

The river site was my source for the smaller bags. They didn't have many and I got what they had left of the smaller ones. 

Edited by Drew C.

15 mins ago, GoneCoastal said:

I bought some smaller ones off of eBay, not sure if they have any large ones

I’ve checked there on and off. I should probably just do a saved search. 

Posted (edited)

34 mins ago, Drew C. said:

I’ve checked there on and off. I should probably just do a saved search. 

I gave fleabay a check a minute ago and found 6 or 7 listings 5or6 for smaller ones that I have, Two for a chest pack and on for one called a side kick. Nothing like what your looking for though. The chest packs looked nice if you like that type of set up.

Edited by KidDkivahh
added more content

Drew, I know your love of these Wood River bags.  Have sold two or three of them, shared between my buddy and me, well worn, but, well loved. I still have two. One is gray. So weathered & faded,  but still love the organizational plan of these bags. On a dark "new moon" night, I'd know just where everything was in my bag. I have switched to a new shoulder sling bag but, nothing compares to those wonderful Wood River bags who went out of business about 10 yrs, ago. Really! I feel, those bags were the best of a flyfisher's shore bag, IMO. 

1 hour ago, flysully said:

Drew, I know your love of these Wood River bags.  Have sold two or three of them, shared between my buddy and me, well worn, but, well loved. I still have two. One is gray. So weathered & faded,  but still love the organizational plan of these bags. On a dark "new moon" night, I'd know just where everything was in my bag. I have switched to a new shoulder sling bag but, nothing compares to those wonderful Wood River bags who went out of business about 10 yrs, ago. Really! I feel, those bags were the best of a flyfisher's shore bag, IMO. 

Im going to miss mine when it dies. 

like you said - it holds a ton of stuff in an organized way. Three fly boxes, 5 small tippet spools, 2 big ones, a head wallet, plier and various small tools. Plus more. 

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

Im going to miss mine when it dies. 

like you said - it holds a ton of stuff in an organized way. Three fly boxes, 5 small tippet spools, 2 big ones, a head wallet, plier and various small tools. Plus more. 

At this point, my faded gray bag is half bag and half duct tape! 

People have a lot of unused stuff rat holed. 
I’ve had decent success putting WTB ads on heavily trafficked sites for items I want that are no longer made.

It takes some time and diligence but can be worth the effort to get what you want.

Sometimes seeing your ad gets them motivated to finally get rid of stuff they aren’t using.

SF

58 mins ago, Stonefish said:

People have a lot of unused stuff rat holed. 
I’ve had decent success putting WTB ads on heavily trafficked sites for items I want that are no longer made.

It takes some time and diligence but can be worth the effort to get what you want.

Sometimes seeing your ad gets them motivated to finally get rid of stuff they aren’t using.

SF

I'm going to try a WTB on another site, more likely to get lucky there.