The Riddler

The Fall Run 2022

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Did a run to Bakers and Childrens at lowtide. I brought a rod with me just in case something might happen. I was not disappointed. This is my largest cache of Sea Glass ever. I have enough glass to build several "Real Sea Glass" xmas trees. What a hit!  Brought the girl with me as we filled up the bucket. Last time we hit this spot we had a crap load of blues, not this time. You just never know what you are going to find. 

I started sea glass hunting a few years back. Have to do something to fill the void.

12DD37B2-6C70-4ED4-A808-93A0EE8FD92A.jpeg

31 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Did a run to Bakers and Childrens at lowtide. I brought a rod with me just in case something might happen. I was not disappointed. This is my largest cache of Sea Glass ever. I have enough glass to build several "Real Sea Glass" xmas trees. What a hit!  Brought the girl with me as we filled up the bucket. Last time we hit this spot we had a crap load of blues, not this time. You just never know what you are going to find. 

I started sea glass hunting a few years back. Have to do something to fill the void.

That’s a haul. There must be a lot of drunks that hang out there. 
I think you just missed the bass bite by a few weeks. The fall run ended 359 weeks ago. 

49 mins ago, z-man said:

That’s a haul. There must be a lot of drunks that hang out there. 
I think you just missed the bass bite by a few weeks. The fall run ended 359 weeks ago. 

It's now known as the Fall Crawl. 

Posted (edited)

I was working on a big sailing school vessel and we made a brief stop at St. Eustatius. 

There was a lot of sea glass jewelry for sale.  It is a Dutch island and most of the glass was green-- Old Heineken bottles.

Edited by Schooner Fred
addition

20 mins ago, Kones1 said:

Gonna fish the fall run this weekend !  

Me too. Bassmaster promised me a 50 pounder!

How did you get the cat to go glass hunting?

I wouldn't worry about the fall run, there's a huge biomass everywhere. Best season of all time.

/s

2 hours ago, Schooner Fred said:

I was working on a big sailing school vessel and we made a brief stop at St. Eustatius. 

There was a lot of sea glass jewelry for sale.  It is a Dutch island and most of the glass was green-- Old Heineken bottles.

As soon as I get home I got to find the piece that said ' "cognac". Some kids had great taste up there. 

7 mins ago, ermghoti said:

How did you get the cat to go glass hunting?

I wouldn't worry about the fall run, there's a huge biomass everywhere. Best season of all time.

/s

That cat is crazy. Smart as a whip. I bet he had that pile counted faster than rainman. 

Posted (edited)

35 mins ago, bob_G said:

Me too. Bassmaster promised me a 50 pounder!

Yup I'm figuring on a few of them  . ol' Bridge says we will be kicking 40 's back to catch them 50's all day   Big Danny's close in will get er done Bob.   Yea ? 

Edited by Kones1

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

As soon as I get home I got to find the piece that said ' "cognac". Some kids had great taste up there. 

I don't have a Louis The XIII bottle handy but its possible this fragment was from a vintage baccarat bottle. 

D4896BC6-4217-4D5F-AEBE-8A0D082EA049.jpeg

EE91F9A3-A3D5-426D-AE51-F6ACAD1275D1.jpeg

17 hours ago, The Riddler said:

What's the red spot on the cats paw?