R.R. Bridge Fisher

Fiona

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bassmaster said:

I'll be dammed if im driving 10 min to see if i can fish....

You got soft ! 

Just now, Kones1 said:

That dude from Goose hummock will be out fishing. Ya know why ? 

He ain't soft. That's why 

Posted (edited)

24 mins ago, Camhabib said:

Looks like we have our own little storm brewing in here...

This is the cold front associated with the potent Arctic shortwave trough that will transform Fiona from a strong warm-core tropical low to a powerhouse cold core extratropical cyclone 

NW winds will be blustery AF tomorrow on the backside, as air rushes offshore into the deepening storm passing well to our east

20220922_144415.jpg.50d34e6d7506f669504992eb1a2a0b47.jpg

Storm will eventually move all the way north into the Davis Strait. Not exactly something you see all the time on NHC map graphics.....

Edited by rst3

1 hour ago, bassmaster said:

I dont fish anymore, go away 

And stay in the ny forum, we hate u

I bringing my friend to inspect a house in truro for me I think I might buy it    I gonna be like your neighbor now.  We can hang after church and stuff. Probably join the volunteer squad and rescue people 

2 hours ago, rst3 said:

This is the cold front associated with the potent Arctic shortwave trough that will transform Fiona from a strong warm-core tropical low to a powerhouse cold core extratropical cyclone 

NW winds will be blustery AF tomorrow on the backside, as air rushes offshore into the deepening storm passing well to our east

20220922_144415.jpg.50d34e6d7506f669504992eb1a2a0b47.jpg

Storm will eventually move all the way north into the Davis Strait. Not exactly something you see all the time on NHC map graphics.....

At least in my neck of the woods, looks like a few overnite lows in the 30s once this cold front comes through. Time to get out the sweatshirt I haven't worn since June. :cool:

4 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Heck, I had never even heard of the Davis Strait.....  Just never in my universe I guess...

It's pretty far north!

Crazy ass tides there though.

'The strait is famous for its fierce tides that can range from 30 to 60 ft, which discouraged many earlier explorers'

Would not want be out on the flats when a 60ft tide turned. That's prob rising 8-12ft/hr..depending on hour of tide. Or about a foot every 5 minutes. 

16 hours ago, bassmaster said:

I dont fish anymore, go away 

And stay in the ny forum, we hate u

We hit the NY quota in MA last year. Lol