baldadonis2002

Look at This... Ridiculously Overpriced Seafood

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

BUSTED!!!

About 15-20 micro seabass 

FWIW ...perfect English was spoken and they were in a Porsche SUV 

Not sure what the DEC fine structure is per fish and let's assume there was a few missing Marine Registrations... all in all, that is some hella expensive seafood.

DEC Busted.jpg

10 mins ago, Bergallmaster said:

Sweet. We need more of that. Where abouts?

Easy on the spot burn!

On 9/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, Skunkoff said:

Everything should go to the impound. 

Or better yet, auction. 

Or even better

Grinder in the front of their own eyes.

Big grinder.

I love to see these arrests happen. Since I got to the LIS area in July, I’ve seen more poaching than like 7 years spent fishing in Maine. Not to say poaching doesn’t happen there, but man, the difference is stark. 

43 mins ago, Luigi Daniele said:

Glad that they caught them. Eliminate the poaching and we could probably raise the legal limit by 25%.

I don’t see why they don’t increase the penalties of this sort of thing nationwide.

If you can get caught up and thrown in jail for the any amount of years for having too much grass on you, you shouldn’t be able pay a fine and walk free for these sorts of violations. Even more so when you  consider that poaching generally happens on public land, which we all fund by paying taxes—it’s a bit of a stretch, but these sorts of things are sort of the same as robbing from the general public. 

7 hours ago, Richizzzle said:

What do you even do with a 4 inch seabass? It can't have any meat on it. I will never understand these people.

Same location boasts buckets of  4inch blowfish and kingfish.... some are smart enough to bring a bucket, others "class it up" with a black contractor bag.

Only thing more tasty than a black garbage bag full of 4 inch blowfish... is a black garbage full of blowfish chillin out in 82 degree sunny heat all day before making it to the dinner table.

For all the comments above.... the reality of this is that these people are NOT fishing, they are grocery shopping from the sea and likely willing to take the risks of fines to put food on the table  .... .its actually kinda sad.

Besides... do we truly expect them to pay the fines?

On 9/20/2022 at 0:59 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

Porsche SUV 

saw similar looking guy in a cayanne with like two legit 6ft rubbermaids full of gator blues a few years ago. (baking in a hot parking lot).

Edited by GarbageFish

I wish I could get more excited about this. from shore I’ve seen hundred if not thousands of sea bass caught with only one keeper sized fish caught.

This is why I stopped going to the Captree Piers. The Flushing express would show up and they would each have 2-3 rods... hogging the entire area. Keeping EVERYTHING..Freakin savages....