jjdbike

Ad Block for Mac IOS please?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I didn't know where else to post this question. If there's a more appropriate form please feel free to move it.

I have an older MacBook Pro w/ the updated Catalina OS. I also have Malwarebytes.

I've been in the process of selling my home and purchasing another. Lots of "e-signing". My ad block app seemed to get in the way. I tried to tun it off but I couldn't figure out how to do this so I wound up deleting it. Adds have been driving me crazy. Now some are even stacked one on top of another. They're so distracting. I've learned to hate them. 

I downloaded "Ad Block Pro" from the Apple App Store. It didn't and I could not get into it. I repeatedly got notices that "Ad Block unexpectedly quit working". I deleted it because it clearly wasn't working. 

Can anyone please recommend a good ad block app that will still allow me to use this (Stripersonline), and other similar sties?

Respectfully,

JD

I'm wondering if those ad block programs - apps are no longer a thing. wonder if they've been rendered ineffective by a certain big tech company either by working wound them, pushing right through them or not allowing their content while an ad blocker is on.

Is this a tabu subject, on this site or in general?

I'm surprised no one has replied to this. 

I can not be the only person who would like to block ads, especially seeing how prevalent they are. 

Respectfully,

JD

I think this site generates revenue from ads so maybe it's a touchy subject.

Personally I use firefox plus the add-ons ublock origin (ad-blocking), ghostery (blocks trackers), and https everywhere (forces encrypted connections).  You can just use ublock origin and be fine.  I keep chrome on the computer for sites that don't function properly in the locked down firefox environment.  I used to use ad-block plus but they started allowing ad companies to pay them to be whitelisted.  I don't have any advice for OS level ad blocking software as I've never tried any but for network-wide blocking the best option is running a pi-hole but I've never gotten around to setting one up.

4 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

I think this site generates revenue from ads so maybe it's a touchy subject.

Personally I use firefox plus the add-ons ublock origin (ad-blocking), ghostery (blocks trackers), and https everywhere (forces encrypted connections).  You can just use ublock origin and be fine.  I keep chrome on the computer for sites that don't function properly in the locked down firefox environment.  I used to use ad-block plus but they started allowing ad companies to pay them to be whitelisted.  I don't have any advice for OS level ad blocking software as I've never tried any but for network-wide blocking the best option is running a pi-hole but I've never gotten around to setting one up.

Thanks!

JD

I have a few on my MBP. They generally work well with the occasional issues that you mentioned. I just go thru the App Store looking for blocker. I download what looks good and give it a try.