Uncle Stu

WTB intermediate running line (or fly line) for coldwater/salt

11 posts in this topic

WTB intermediate running line or fly line for coldwater/salt surf fishing. I have the head already, so I could use just the running line, or cannibal the running section from a full fly line. my favorites are Airflo Ridge or SA, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have what you are looking for.  Have an intermediate fly line with a failed coating I believe right past the head?  Have to double check this later and  get back to you.  I was going to toss out the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 27conch said:

I might have what you are looking for.  Have an intermediate fly line with a failed coating I believe right past the head?  Have to double check this later and  get back to you.  I was going to toss out the line. 

thx I'll send you a PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,  I just realized that I have two different bad lines.  The other one you could have is a original Airflo clear intermediate.  The head was cut in half so the line is worthless now.  The running line has the green tint form the backing. So the silver blue is like 70', might be an airflo?  I cut off the head as this is where the coating was damaged.

 

If your interested in either one or both let me know.

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 27conch said:

I might have what you are looking for.  Have an intermediate fly line with a failed coating I believe right past the head?  Have to double check this later and  get back to you.  I was going to toss out the line. 

 

25 mins ago, 27conch said:

Hello,  I just realized that I have two different bad lines.  The other one you could have is a original Airflo clear intermediate.  The head was cut in half so the line is worthless now.  The running line has the green tint form the backing. So the silver blue is like 70', might be an airflo?  I cut off the head as this is where the coating was damaged.

 

If your interested in either one or both let me know.

 

 

yeah but I think I'll pass. I tend to get tangling issues from line twist related to my casting style, and so I need to stick with the newer premium running lines.

 

I sincerely appreciate the offer! --Stu

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what weight line do you need? For what rod?

I have some Airlfo lines, including their best 40+ TH Beach Special, maybe Striper Ridge- old stock light blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yo probably want a line with a braided core, right?  Cold-water but in ~6 or 7wt?

Edited by Killiefish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Killiefish said:

Yo probably want a line with a braided core, right?  Cold-water but in ~6 or 7wt?

Yup but the line weight wouldn't matter much if I'm cutting off the head, or reversing the line on the reel. I like braided core (less stretch) but it's not required.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I found 30lb I Airflo Ridge running line to. 35$ Venmo would ship to CA. PM for payment info if you are interested. Just ignore it if not.

Edited by Macky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.