197esmer

Rain Shadow blank & KR setup

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I am considering building an RevSU710m-SB, using the KR concept. I will using it off the beach and

jetty, with a Penn 4500. I an wondering if the rating to 3oz is accurate. I have reviewed the KR 

concept on ARs site and I have to admit it was it was only slightly clearer than mud, so any and all 

guidance would be helpful. Thank you in advance for any help.

That's a blank on my radar. I've built quite a few SW967F, which is slightly heavier, rated 3/4 - 4 instead of 3/4-3. 967F blank is over rated..... 2 3/4-3 is max.  I've built mine using the MW20 & MW25 sets ( MW 25 my favorite)  from American tackle. Love the way the line flows. 

thumbnail_IMG_4627.jpg

Thank you for your info. I used the MW on a no name blank I pickup at the expo in NC, casts like a bullet. I will have to look a little further.

I have a few KR setups from 7' up to 9'. Certainly different looking but very cool and effective. Sometimes that software doesnt have the exact parameters that match up to your build so you have to make so slight modifications. Did you get to the point of entering your reel and line specs?

Posted (edited)

here are some bad pics of a pac bay Actos 8ft 3inch I just finished. It's rated to 1 1/2 oz. I used the Anglers Resource formula, plugged in the data and off I went. I used Am Tack version  of the KH guides in Nanolite. I did vary in running guide sizes. 7's then finished with 6's and  6 ring top. 

The reason for the crappy hook keeper wrap: I had originally put a size 16 Amtack Apex seat. It looked cool with the exposed blank but I really didn't like the feel or how it looked with the split cork grip. So I cut the grip and reel seat off, used a cut down 18 Amtack comfort finish seat and put a new cork grip. It was 3" shorter so I had to cover up the spit from the cork grip. 

Anyways it throws 1/2 to 1 oz spoons for lakers/salmon like a dream with 15lb PP. 

thumbnail_IMG_4803.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4804.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4806.jpg

Edited by WorcBoy

On 11/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, 197esmer said:

WorcBoy: Thank you for all the info, been a little while getting back, slowly getting back after surgery 

Let me know if you have any questions.  on my bench now is a 11ft 2-6 and a couple ice jig sticks