ProSkateFisherman

Anybody do this?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody add scents or anything like that to their chunks/heads when fishing for drum/stripers? Think anise or something similar. I have a bunch of anise oil that I use for lake trout/ice fishing and I'm thinking of taking some down and putting it on my chunks for drum. Don't know what effect it would have on them but the lakers love it so I figure why not give it a shot. But the bottles of anise I have are leaky and I would prefer not to take them just because it's easier not to. Maybe I'm lazy, but if the anise would make any real difference I'm willing to try it. Thanks

When fishing rubber tube baits on a jig head I insert into the tube a fish oil capsule and it will attract fish as it oozes out of the tube on the retrieve.. Great for Stripers...

4 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

“The bunka’s just a vessel for the anise.” :laugh: Funnily enough the entire reason I got the anise in the first place is I was walking through the grocery store in the spice aisle and this guy pops in my head saying those exact words. Walked over to the anise oil and grabbed some. Thanks Bob!:laugh:

Shredder crab oil works good on alot of stuff including chicken breast strips when you are in a pinch for bait.