DoorGunner

CHRISTMAS 2022.

Rate this topic

258 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, TogginBob said:

DAMN, I had to ask one of the younguns what a PS5 is.  I don't mind that.  I've never seen a PS5 and probably never will.  That's OK, I'll survive. 

LITTLE SMILEY.jpg

A PS5 is a $700 piece of plastic... A.K.A a big waste of money IMO. There were shortages of them last year because of a massive demand. People were buying and reselling them for more than $1000-$1500 on ebay sometimes... crazy stuff just for a stupid gaming console. I'd rather spend that money on gear or something lol. And if I had to buy tech with that money, it would be on a PC, which you can use for various things, not just playing silly games.

89 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Will be paying more for our Thanksgiving and or Christmas turkey this year. Turkeys are selling at record high prices ahead of the Thanksgiving and Christmas season as a resurgence of bird flu wipes out supplies across America.

The virus's comeback was a surprise because there already was a major avian virus influenza outbreak in the first half of the year that wiped out over 40 million birds. Unusual because the disease doesn't usually return, as the heat of the summer kills it off. This virus is so deadly that if one turkey is infected the entire flock is culled to stop the spread. 

Bottom line is turkey prices will be at least 30% higher than last year. 

I am thankful that my brother still raises about twenty turkeys every year for family and a few friends. All I have to do is show up a day or two and help with finishing the product. We do try to keep the turkeys entertained for a few minutes before the final curtain.

011_zpsc3023b55.jpg.938b2613beae210be07cf9ff9c3e43e4.jpg

And then.

IMG_2728.JPG.21133baea032e7dd08eb50b7c598f50d.JPG

My wife already told me that we are not having a TURKEY for Thanksgiving.  She said she is tired of all the fat and skin they hide under and in the TURKEY.  One year we got 2 necks with our TURKEY.  I guess that was someones idea of a joke.  It will be HAM for us.  I don't know about Christmas.  

LITTLE SMILEY.jpg

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, TogginBob said:

My wife already told me that we are not having a TURKEY for Thanksgiving.  She said she is tired of all the fat and skin they hide under and in the TURKEY.  One year we got 2 necks with our TURKEY.  I guess that was someones idea of a joke.  It will be HAM for us.  I don't know about Christmas.  

LITTLE SMILEY.jpg

So you won the contest?

Edited by DoorGunner

88 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? There are about 350,000.000 Christmas Trees growing on Christmas Tree farms in the United States at any given moment. 

There are about 15,000 Christmas Tree farms in the United States.

120,000,000 Christmas Trees will be cut down this season worldwide with the United States accounting for about 32,000,000 

Pandemic Brings Early Crowds to Christmas Tree Farms - Modern Farmer

87 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Kids of today will never know the thrill of this magic book. As kids we couldn't wait for the delivery of the greatest book of all time. Me and my brother would race home after school every day to get to the book first. We were allowed to ask Santa for one big toy so it took many many days of carefully looking at every page to make our choice which changed just about every day. It was like looking at the full inventory of Santa's workshop. 

Times change and the Book is long gone but still missed by many. I can still look back and smile just remembering the thrill. This was the greatest book of all time.

1977 Simpsons Sears Christmas Wish Book Catalogue Canada image 1  

7 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

87 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? Kids of today will never know the thrill of this magic book. As kids we couldn't wait for the delivery of the greatest book of all time. Me and my brother would race home after school every day to get to the book first. We were allowed to ask Santa for one big toy so it took many many days of carefully looking at every page to make our choice which changed just about every day. It was like looking at the full inventory of Santa's workshop. 

Times change and the Book is long gone but still missed by many. I can still look back and smile just remembering the thrill. This was the greatest book of all time.

I remember those, at 12 Cabelas took over!

066.JPG

Ran into Lowe’s yesterday. Aisle after aisle of Christmas decorations. No wonder why come November I can’t find any good decorations. 
Heck Mrs Tiderunner is still putting out our Halloween decorations.

14 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

87 Days till CHRISTMAS

As kids we used to gather in a circle around the kitchen table or on the parlor floor and go through every page.  Even the girly stuff.  If the WISH BOOK disappeared we would go through the regular SEARS CATALOG.  That was much thicker and took forever to finish. Memories.

86 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? 

easy bake oven new model pink

The Easy Bake Oven hit the market in 1963 and since then 30 million ovens and 150 million mix refills have been sold. The Easy Bake is one of the most popular toys of all time and is in the National Toy Hall of Fame. 

Today an Easy Bake Oven can be purchased for $45.00 while the original version in 1963 sold for $15.95. That may not sound like a lot, but adjusting for inflation, it amounts to $127.00. Despite the price, the Easy Bake sold more than a half million units that first year on the market.

In 2002 Hasbro released a more masculine version of the toy oven called the Queasy Bake Cookerator. Boys could bake Mud n' Crud Cakes and Drip and Drool Dog Bones. It did not catch on.

queasy bake cookerator - easy bake oven for boys

Here is what the Easy Bake looked like in 1963, 1969 and 1971.

First Easy Bake Oven   

On 9/28/2022 at 0:01 AM, DoorGunner said:

87 Days till CHRISTMAS

There were areas up north we we hunted many years ago, that had these catalogs hanging in the outhouse so we could shop while we sat. Those old Yankees were well ahead of their time

85 Days till CHRISTMAS

Did you know? According to Consumer Reports, Americans take three hours to wrap Holiday Gifts and spend 3.2 billion yearly on wrapping paper, gift tags, boxes and bags. Hallmark reports that decorated holiday gift bags have overtaken wrapping paper as the way to give gifts.

The amount of tape used to wrap holiday gifts would wrap around the world 499 times.

Gift Wrapped Christmas Presents Isolated on White Stock Photo - Image of  pile, silver: 35335768