bass-o-matic

"Below Deck"

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Anyone watching?  A pseudo reality show about super yacht crews and the drama that occurs.  The Down Under series is pretty good.

1 hour ago, bass-o-matic said:

Anyone watching?  A pseudo reality show about super yacht crews and the drama that occurs.  The Down Under series is pretty good.

Wife used to watch it. She hates it now. 

I've watched bits and pieces as the wife sometimes has it on.

Pisses me off, seems to be like the bachelor, they don't show enough boat

I'd watch if they were run over by one of the reality crabbing  boats and all aboard were chopped up in the props. And then the crab boat blew up. Now thats entertainment 

34 mins ago, richie c said:

I'd watch if they were run over by one of the reality crabbing  boats and all aboard were chopped up in the props. And then the crab boat blew up. Now thats entertainment 

Why do you hate rocky?

On 9/16/2022 at 7:28 AM, redfishkiller said:

Why do you hate rocky?

19 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Why not?? :huh: 

Screw you guys.... your off my friend sweater knitting list. I hope you both catch colds this Winter!

Posted (edited)

My brother skippered or crewed large yachts for a number of years. A top priority for crew selection was maturity and getting along with others. Basically the selection criteria was “no drama” Even among hook-up’s no drama. 

Also, if you got  kicked off a boat word got around very quickly. 

Another reason is that the owner and their party usually brought enough drama on board that everyone was tired of it by the time they left. 

I don’t watch it. 

Edited by Alferd Packer

I like Captain Sandy. Not a Captain Lee fan. 

Funny how the Chef’s are the biggest prima donnas on each of the shows. 

Posted (edited)

to all, please stop watching this crap, it only encourages the networks to continue.

Edited by Nite_Bite_00

Posted (edited)

oh the drama.  he screwed her but she has a boyfriend.  the lobster was a tad bit overcooked!!!!!  17-25k tips.

150k to 250k per sailing.  i watched it 3 times as the wife watches it. first time was like 5 cougars . 2nd time was a former yankee Johny damon and 3rd time was the lady and husband which were portrayed in the movie blind side . also saw them on one of those car shows having a custom car built.

i googled it to see what the costs is to get a laugh.

Edited by coolhandfluke

1 min ago, coolhandfluke said:

oh the drama.  he screwed her but she has a boyfriend.  the lobster was a tad bit overcooked!!!!!  17-25k tips.

150k to 250k per sailing.  i watched it 3 times as the wife watches it. first time was like 5 cougars . 2nd time was a former yankee Johny damon and 3rd time was the lady and husband which were portrayed in the movie blind side . also saw them on one of those car shows having a custom car built.

that's a fascinating write up!!! You should think about a new career.