tallpauly

What the…

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

I have to vent, I’ve been coming to Glouster my entire life, now at the age of 45 things that used to be funny or acceptable now just piss me off, I fished out to the state park pier in Gloucester quite frequently when I’m there, what has happened to that area? There’s trash everywhere, no place to park to fish (it is a fishing spot is it not) And while my wife and I were there these two women were there every day in their car coughing their brains out hitting a bong in their car and then driving off stoned out of their minds. Weed just became legal in New York, and I’m all for it, if you can drink alcohol you should be able to smoke pot but do so with some common sense and responsibility. The area as a whole is going down the hole. don’t even get me started on the roads, I thought the roads home where crap, pretty sure I need a new ball joint now

8 mins ago, tallpauly said:

I have to vent, I’ve been coming to Glouster my entire life, now at the age of 45 things that used to be funny or acceptable now just piss me off, I fished out to the state park pier in Gloucester quite frequently when I’m there, what has happened to that area? There’s trash everywhere, no place to park to fish (it is a fishing spot is it not) And while my wife and I were there these two women were there every day in their car coughing their brains out hitting a bong in their car and then driving off stoned out of their minds. Weed just became legal in New York, and I’m all for it, if you can drink alcohol you should be able to smoke pot but do so with some common sense and responsibility. The area as a whole is going down the hole. don’t even get me started on the roads, I thought the roads home where crap, pretty sure I need a new ball joint now

No.  Not weed.  Just stay in NY it sounds like you will be happier.

When weed was legalized the pot heads went crazy smoking anywhere they want and while driving. It’s absolutely ridiculous how many people drive while smoking weed now. You can smell it all day everyday on the highways around here. 

Welcome to the new world, third world that is.

People come here and do the same thing that they did in there old craphole.

Don't get me started on they will keep anything they catch.

Trading the EBD credits and buying drugs, pumping kids out left and right for more bennys.

It is the life and there are two many people being indoctrinated every day.

Good Luck there is no answer. Stupid is what stupid does.

If we keep paying their bills they will continue to cash the checks and live on our dime.

43 mins ago, CapeDave said:

Welcome to the new world, third world that is.

People come here and do the same thing that they did in there old craphole.

Don't get me started on they will keep anything they catch.

Trading the EBD credits and buying drugs, pumping kids out left and right for more bennys.

It is the life and there are two many people being indoctrinated every day.

Good Luck there is no answer. Stupid is what stupid does.

If we keep paying their bills they will continue to cash the checks and live on our dime.

A lot of these people were born and bred here. 

2 hours ago, z-man said:

When weed was legalized the pot heads went crazy smoking anywhere they want and while driving. It’s absolutely ridiculous how many people drive while smoking weed now. You can smell it all day everyday on the highways around here. 

I don't think anything changed after it became legal

21 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

I don't think anything changed after it became legal

Then you don’t get out much. 

22 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Good way to justify your incorrect beliefs

Well you are the only person I know of that hasn’t noticed a huge increase in weed use while driving, walking down the sidewalk, in parks, in parking lots, etc. 

2 mins ago, z-man said:

Well you are the only person I know of that hasn’t noticed a huge increase in weed use while driving, walking down the sidewalk, in parks, in parking lots, etc. 

I guess it depends on where you live? I'll tell you this much, making it legal didn't make a whole bunch of people suddenly start smoking. Maybe a few but the majority were smoking before.

5 hours ago, tallpauly said:

...but do so with some common sense and responsibility. 

I think more than anything else, this is really the issue. It has very little to do with [insert vice here] and everything to do with the decrease in common sense, personal responsibility, and an overall kindness towards your fellow humans. 

Went to a wedding there and a bunch of us got rides to another bar for where the late after-party happened with plan to take a cab home from there. Only one cab available so it was this woman and her van making repeated runs back and forth between the bar and whichever hotel people were staying at.

She makes a habit of going into the bar before picking up the next fare and finding some people in the wedding party, ask if they know the person she gave a ride to and tell them this horrible sob story about how the person was rude and refused to pay her. She was planning on people just paying up for their acquaintance, but instead they called only to hear "no that didn't happen at all, I actually have the credit card receipt I can show you when you get back"

Worst part was she was the only game in town so we had to continue using her rides as none of us were in any shape to drive. She tried this repeatedly and I'm sure it worked a few times, otherwise why would she do it every time? A bunch of us called the police, letting them know this woman was repeatedly trying to scam the wedding party, and they just responded with "what do expect us to do about it?" and hung up.