codfish

Favorite lure if you just want to catch a fish??

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, willcodfish said:

white savage pencil has been fire from schoolies to 30 lbers(so far) highly recommended 

16-William-henault-db.jpg

Do you fish that with a belly hook or leave it off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

My go to lure for catching Stripers and Blues is the good old classic diamond jig but with a J hook instead of a treble hook in 2 to 4 ounces.. Now to make the diamond jig more appealing when retrieved I add a 6 or 8 inch grub...  When Blues are around I will usually remove the grub off the diamond jig..

steady retrieve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3” swim shad

The smallest size magic swimmer, I used to fish those before I caught so many schoolies on them they started to deteriorate.

Live Shad works best, or whatever bait is present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2022 at 11:06 PM, mike07gsxr said:

With the banjo minnow fishing system you can catch any fish anytime anywhere. 

And if you act now.. with it you'll  get the Ronco clever cleaver it slices dices and will even cut a nail in half  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, t_man7 said:

3” swim shad

The smallest size magic swimmer, I used to fish those before I caught so many schoolies on them they started to deteriorate.

Live Shad works best, or whatever bait is present.

T man7 how are you able to cast a 3 inch swim shad?? what's the rod and line you use??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlezon said:

And if you act now.. with it you'll  get the Ronco clever cleaver it slices dices and will even cut a nail in half  

I often think about the banjo minnow when I’m using super flukes. Basically they seem like the same thing.  I guess you can put all the small rubber swim baites in the banjo minnow category. Maybe ahead of its time. Are they still around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, JimKu said:

I often think about the banjo minnow when I’m using super flukes. Basically they seem like the same thing.  I guess you can put all the small rubber swim baites in the banjo minnow category. Maybe ahead of its time. Are they still around?

Yeah there was a-lot of rubber out before and after ... seems endless like the cereal box isle... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banjo definitely is effective, works really well with schoolies. IDK if it was the first or not but the whole concept of not putting the hook directly into the plastic was a game changer.

 

Main thing is they sucked at casting. Would buy today but I recently looked at you still have to buy in those infomercial sets so I'd rather just get sluggos that cast twice as far, last much longer and have a far greater hookup chance for slightly lesser action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2022 at 8:03 AM, Finneus said:

Do you fish that with a belly hook or leave it off? 

belly on if not the actions a little off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2022 at 7:15 AM, Accebere said:

The 9” Doc 

Is there a difference between the Doc and a Zara spook???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codfish said:

Is there a difference between the Doc and a Zara spook???

The Zara is lighter in weight and doesn’t come in a 9” model. For the 9” it’s all about the cadence, once you figure out what the fish want, it can be non stop action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Easily the Vudu Mullet for me.  It has caught me more species in more places than any other bait.  If I'm in unfamiliar water, it is absolutely the first thing I reach for. They're made of TPE rubber so they're tougher than z-mans.  Not the farthest casting lure though.

 

Capture55.JPG

Edited by cbinvb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.