Favorite lure if you just want to catch a fish??

Rate this topic

codfish

5 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

My go to lure for catching Stripers and Blues is the good old classic diamond jig but with a J hook instead of a treble hook in 2 to 4 ounces.. Now to make the diamond jig more appealing when retrieved I add a 6 or 8 inch grub...  When Blues are around I will usually remove the grub off the diamond jig..

steady retrieve?

6 hours ago, t_man7 said:

3” swim shad

The smallest size magic swimmer, I used to fish those before I caught so many schoolies on them they started to deteriorate.

Live Shad works best, or whatever bait is present.

T man7 how are you able to cast a 3 inch swim shad?? what's the rod and line you use??

1 hour ago, Carlezon said:

And if you act now.. with it you'll  get the Ronco clever cleaver it slices dices and will even cut a nail in half  

I often think about the banjo minnow when I’m using super flukes. Basically they seem like the same thing.  I guess you can put all the small rubber swim baites in the banjo minnow category. Maybe ahead of its time. Are they still around?

2 mins ago, JimKu said:

I often think about the banjo minnow when I’m using super flukes. Basically they seem like the same thing.  I guess you can put all the small rubber swim baites in the banjo minnow category. Maybe ahead of its time. Are they still around?

Yeah there was a-lot of rubber out before and after ... seems endless like the cereal box isle... 

Banjo definitely is effective, works really well with schoolies. IDK if it was the first or not but the whole concept of not putting the hook directly into the plastic was a game changer.

Main thing is they sucked at casting. Would buy today but I recently looked at you still have to buy in those infomercial sets so I'd rather just get sluggos that cast twice as far, last much longer and have a far greater hookup chance for slightly lesser action.

Easily the Vudu Mullet for me.  It has caught me more species in more places than any other bait.  If I'm in unfamiliar water, it is absolutely the first thing I reach for. They're made of TPE rubber so they're tougher than z-mans.  Not the farthest casting lure though.

Capture55.JPG

Edited by cbinvb