Detcher

Danny plugs

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Just wondering why no one has come up with a Danny type plug that's made of plastic. Don't get me wrong I love wood but seams that you wouldn't have to worry about wood density or the lure getting water logged. 

Thought this was a good Question. super strike went from wood to plastic, Northbar went from wood to plastic. Not sure who else went from wood to plastic. I have plenty or wood Dannys by different makers.

People have beaten their wood plugs to shites, rewired it, repaint it, and then the shite out of it again. Provided the plug was properly made and sealed. So, which plug maker got water logged? Transition from wood to plastic is a brilliant business decision. Not so much to prevent water logged wood plugs.

I don't know much of anything about plastic lures.  Do any of the current plastic lures have fixed weights withing the plugs belly?   

32 mins ago, XBMX said:

The Atom 40 and Junior come to mind. 

Thanks. I was picturing the Atom & the reverse Atom and drawing a blank!

Plastic Danny plug = a filtered cigarette

like suckin - t i t - through a sweater.

I believe it's a combination of an extremely small market coupled with the difficulty of integrating a metal lip and plastic body. Atom 40's leaked like a sieve and Atom Jr's broke apart with ease. Both were great producers but you had to live with the downsides.

re Atoms; they were cheap, were sold everywhere, tackle shops, K-Mart, Sporting goods stores, Marine Supplys, cracked in half, heat the wire and pull, little epoxy piece of wire back in business. Every one swam and were cheap. Ugly as sin but they caught fish.