sailfish1

Bogagrip parts

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, sailfish1 said:

Connetquot--You posted great--but where can i actually buy the parts?

Why wouldn’t you contact bogagrip and ask them? I’ve never even heard of anyone breaking a boga. 

5 mins ago, brushfly said:

Not sure of you location but Cow Harbor Bait and Tackle in Northport, LI services them regularly. 

Came here to say this

In the age of disposable products, it's great to see something meant to be serviced and last. I have a cheap plastic gripper, but when that goes, I'll almost certainly be picking up a Boga.

14 hours ago, ecks said:

Why wouldn’t you contact bogagrip and ask them? I’ve never even heard of anyone breaking a boga. 

I guess I will.  I just picked up a used one and the guy didn't have the tool for pin removal--and I'd like to just take it apart and clean it.  I'm OCD like that!!

2 hours ago, sailfish1 said:

I guess I will.  I just picked up a used one and the guy didn't have the tool for pin removal--and I'd like to just take it apart and clean it.  I'm OCD like that!!

If you don’t have one already, an ultrasonic cleaner is perfect for applications like that. Greatly reduces (but not eliminates) the need of disassembly for cleaning purposes. 

my boga came with the tool. i would try contacting the company for spare parts and the tool. im sure they have it. if not, a tool simliar to the boga tool will work. 

i will re post tomorrow when i get to work to measure the boga tool.

Edited by kype

All you need is a push pin punch.

I can measure the diameter on mine if you want. But, you can buy a set of 3 punches from HD for probably $10

21 hours ago, Haycreekrambler said:

All you need is a push pin punch.

I can measure the diameter on mine if you want. But, you can buy a set of 3 punches from HD for probably $10

I'd really appreciate the measurement!!

32 mins ago, sailfish1 said:

I'd really appreciate the measurement!!

3/16" diameter, you could easily make this tool, or contact them

20220915_182850.jpg.95de9a01c9ed55812340b9a9fa8277cd.jpg20220915_182935.jpg.4e8b297db3d695a3b0e12102d89451b3.jpg