superuser

Century Rods in the Bay area/Monterey bay?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I want to go check out a couple Century rods in person before I buy one. Is there a store or custom builder in bay area or Monterey bay? The closest dealer according to their website is in Sacramento, but that is too long of a casual drive.

I have one you can check out that I’m looking to sell. It is 

CENTURY STEALTH 11' SPINNING SURF ROD.

S-1 1325    

11'    

1 - 4    

Moderate    

10 - 30    

2pcs 70/30    

Titanium Seaguide w/ Silicon Nitride Rings

I'm not sure what model you're looking for but I've got a couple stealth's and slingshot's. I'm in Santa Cruz. I also know a few guys who have surfmachine elites and weapons. I can't speak for them but I'd be happy to let you check out what I have.

23 hours ago, BRossi said:

I'm not sure what model you're looking for but I've got a couple stealth's and slingshot's. I'm in Santa Cruz. I also know a few guys who have surfmachine elites and weapons. I can't speak for them but I'd be happy to let you check out what I have.

I think the weapon matches what I want, but I have never seen or held these rods so I do not know the weight difference between weapon and other models. I want a two piece, 10 ft or longer, lightest rod money can buy that will throw ~0.5/1 oz to ~4/5oz lures. There is a 12ft weapon listed on their website as "coming soon" that is almost a perfect match.

In your opinion, what is the weight and action difference between the weapon and other models? 

I'd be excited to take you up on your offer!

The weapons are a little faster action, the surfmachine elite or stealth are moderate. The weapon has a different design in that the butt section isn't tapered like most blanks. The tip inserts into the butt section. A blank that will actually throw the whole range you're looking for well is a bit of a though ask. If there is one it's probably the 11'3" 1-6oz, 12' 1-6oz or 12' 3/4-5oz surfmachine elites. I haven't fished any of those enough to say which one though. The stealth S2-1326 is also an option and I have that. There isn't one model that is substantially lighter than another.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:24 PM, Sea Breeze said:

I have one you can check out that I’m looking to sell. It is 

CENTURY STEALTH 11' SPINNING SURF ROD.

S-1 1325    

11'    

1 - 4    

Moderate    

10 - 30    

2pcs 70/30    

Titanium Seaguide w/ Silicon Nitride Rings

Do you have a post up to sell with more info? What is your location?

I have the surf machine elite 1-6 and I’m very impressed with its range. It does a very adequate job casting down to one ounce and excels up to 4 ounces or so. While I’ve cast up to 5 ounces with it, it’s a fairly slow roundhouse cast and don’t expect to get the distance you will see at 2-4 oz. 

2 hours ago, BRossi said:

The weapons are a little faster action, the surfmachine elite or stealth are moderate. The weapon has a different design in that the butt section isn't tapered like most blanks. The tip inserts into the butt section. A blank that will actually throw the whole range you're looking for well is a bit of a though ask. If there is one it's probably the 11'3" 1-6oz, 12' 1-6oz or 12' 3/4-5oz surfmachine elites. I haven't fished any of those enough to say which one though. The stealth S2-1326 is also an option and I have that. There isn't one model that is substantially lighter than another.

Thanks. I want more of a moderate action so perhaps the weapon is not a good choice. I have a 9ft ODM DNA which I like but it does not do well with larger non aerodynamic lures and I am looking to bridge that gap.

15 mins ago, Alferd Packer said:

I have the surf machine elite 1-6 and I’m very impressed with its range. It does a very adequate job casting down to one ounce and excels up to 4 ounces or so. While I’ve cast up to 5 ounces with it, it’s a fairly slow roundhouse cast and don’t expect to get the distance you will see at 2-4 oz. 

Thanks! How much does your surf machine elite weigh?