Bell rd

Rate this topic

Redhawk7

12 mins ago, bdowning said:

From what ive heard, the law enforcement mostly consisted of issuing parking tickets. One guy was cited by an epo for a short bass but let off with just a warning. Im sure the local residents are expressing their displeasure to bpd, acoe, mass epos or anyone who would listen. 

The police should start checking for warrants too. That would probably send a bunch of them fleeing. 

52 mins ago, jmei said:

Yes, clearly the right way to behave and show respect is to call other people “savages.”

Savages: relating to or being a preliterate people or society regarded as uncivilized or primitive.

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever~Jacques Yves Cousteau

16 hours ago, z-man said:

If it makes you guys feel any better, I went to Walmart today and the same savages were there too. I think we are failing as a society. No one knows how to behave in public anymore or show any respect to anyone. 

I went to BJ wholesale yesterday, and then mentioned to the wife how badly people behaved everywhere i went. The checkout was like Thunderdome. I chalked it up to the end of summer blues. Society is going in a bad direction.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

From what ive heard, the law enforcement mostly consisted of issuing parking tickets. One guy was cited by an epo for a short bass but let off with just a warning. Im sure the local residents are expressing their displeasure to bpd, acoe, mass epos or anyone who would listen. 

That's what the dam problem is make people accountable they get hurt there are signs everywhere people know the rules

7 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Looking how these guys were acting in the video what part of the state do you think they are from? I would say city boys 

Just a guess----New Bedford. Hook in the head guy, definitely. Meatheads like that cross ethnic/racial lines there.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

1 hour ago, Tailslap said:

Well at least the Internet didn’t bring in any unsavory characters………..

Going back to the mid-1960s, it's always been like the bar scene in Star Wars at that zoo. Back then, the guys with their converted bread trucks would arrive early Friday evening, and they'd break out the jugs of booze before their rods. I remember hearing about a guy getting so plastered that he casted his brand new custom Murat rod and Squidder into the Canal. I personally had to grab the back of a drunk's wader belt out on the flats one night, to keep him from falling off the edge of the mussel bed, with the help of another guy.  Eventually, the CoE gated the point at sundown because of all of the complaints from abutters. That lasted on and off into the mid1980s. The early 1980s brought the legendary Mudflats Wars, where you'd have 50 guys crowded onto the mussel bed, swearing their asses off at each other all night. Back then, it was the Friday Fishing Forecast in papers like the Globe, Herald, and the Worcester Telegram that called in the hordes. I honestly think that all of the agita that poor old Johnny Williams caused himself by yelling at and arguing with guys out there contributed to the stroke over the winter that killed him. 

As an adult, I can count the number of times I fished from that point on my fingers, without running out. I found better places to throw lead at night in the general vicinity.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

3 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Going back to the mid-1960s, it's always been like the bar scene in Star Wars at that zoo. Back then, the guys with their converted bread trucks would arrive early Friday evening, and they'd break out the jugs of booze before their rods. I remember hearing about a guy getting so plastered that he casted his brand new custom Murat rod and Squidder into the Canal. I personally had to grab the back of a drunk's wader belt out on the flats one night, to keep him from falling off the edge of the mussel bed, with the help of another guy.  Eventually, the CoE gated the point at sundown because of all of the complaints from abutters. That lasted on and off into the mid1980s. The early 1980s brought the legendary Mudflats Wars, where you'd have 50 guys crowded onto the mussel bed, swearing their asses off at each other all night. Back then, it was the Friday Fishing Forecast in papers like the Globe, Herald, and the Worcester Telegram that called in the hordes. I honestly think that all of the agita that poor old Johnny Williams caused himself by yelling at and arguing with guys out there contributed to the stroke over the winter that killed him. 

As an adult, I can count the number of times I fished from that point on my fingers, without running out. I found better places to throw lead at night in the general vicinity.

When they closed the gate did people park the road before it and walk in.

Jonny did not die of a stroke, he had cancer.

troll #122  <*)))<

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

When they closed the gate did people park the road before it and walk in.

Jonny did not die of a stroke, he had cancer.

Yes, all the way out to Shore Rd. on some nights

I was told that it was a stroke. Sorry for the error. 

11 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

They're still parking almost to Shore Rd, and the gate is open. Things were so crazy this weekend,  many people were parking in the VFW lot, and  walking and biking into Bell Rd.

The Sultan of Sluggo

43 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

I was told that it was a stroke. Sorry for the error. 

That is probably worse for the neighbors parking there.

No worries on that,my wife was just sitting there as I read your post.

I never met the man

troll #122  <*)))<

35 mins ago, bob_G said:

They're still parking almost to Shore Rd, and the gate is open. Things were so crazy this weekend,  many people were parking in the VFW lot, and  walking and biking into Bell Rd.

The poor canal host couple responsible for maintaining the Bell Rd restroom, can't be too happy with the hordes of yahoos using that facility.

No doubt rolls of toilet paper have been stolen from those rest rooms. 

Edited by Joe G