Redhawk7

Bell rd

Rate this topic

279 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, finbar said:

UGH! Just watched the 4+ minute video. I feel sorry for the guy. That's quite an interesting group. I'm also thinking that many others, some non-fishers, will see this and form an opinion about all fishermen. Makes me want to quit. (or just not tell anyone about my love of fishing):dismay: 

I have to disagree,  I don't want to quit or not tell anyone.  There's so many places to fish and so many types of fishing. 

I rather take the approach that if I can show and teach some young people the right way like I was taught then it is a positive thing. 

I don’t even care to see that video twice. And fishing in a mess like that  looks like torture to me. What a nightmare. I fish to be alone catching fish or with respectful friends. That place needs a drone strike.

23 hours ago, chisler said:

^ that looks pretty much like a carnival side show.

Some call it the Upper Cape's version of King Richard's Faire. It wouldn't surprise me if the next video we see out of that zoo is two guys jousting with 11' rods.

Bell rd.   What a shame most of the rock monkeys wouldn’t no where to fish or how to properly toss a jig , most come from another world and have no clue on how or when to fish 100+ guys from aptucxet to the far west  game wardens cops and a ambulance ya that’s what you get for your fishing serenity 2022  

36 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Some call it the Upper Cape's version of King Richard's Faire. It wouldn't surprise me if the next video we see out of that zoo is two guys jousting with 11' rods.

It think this was the path they were headed if that one guy got his way and started yanking the meat outta the guys head.

1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

You nailed it again Mike.

Obnoxious ebikes are all the rage on the canal these days. Guys bombing along at 25mph down the service road.

Imagine  jousting matches where the combatants square off with 11 footers on ebikes! 

4 hours ago, phishallways said:

I don’t even care to see that video twice. And fishing in a mess like that  looks like torture to me. What a nightmare. I fish to be alone catching fish or with respectful friends. That place needs a drone strike.

1 hour ago, stifftip said:

Bell rd.   What a shame most of the rock monkeys wouldn’t no where to fish or how to properly toss a jig , most come from another world and have no clue on how or when to fish 100+ guys from aptucxet to the far west  game wardens cops and a ambulance ya that’s what you get for your fishing serenity 2022  

On the Canal Crazy Scale (canal equivalent of the Richter Scale) yesterday was a solid 10.  EPO and BPD running around like chickens with their heads chopped off putting out fires.

However, today was a solid 9, and the fish forgot to show, so that's why it didn't rate a 10. But, after yesterday's performance, I would have thought both the EPOs and BPD would have made an appearance. Unfortunately, both had better places to be.:snr:

Bell rd, Area 51, pole 20 etc .......Helps keep the crazies together in a few spots so fine by me....:idea:

With that much hardware flying around in close quarters can’t believe it hasn’t happened before.Probably many close calls?I guess after the holiday things should calm down on the canal?

7 hours ago, finbar said:

UGH! Just watched the 4+ minute video. I feel sorry for the guy. That's quite an interesting group. I'm also thinking that many others, some non-fishers, will see this and form an opinion about all fishermen. Makes me want to quit. (or just not tell anyone about my love of fishing):dismay: 

It’s embarrassing to share the same hobby as that group of losers. Imagine the walkers, bikers and tourists that see that nonsense and now hate fishermen.