Redhawk7

Bell rd

Rate this topic

279 posts in this topic

33 mins ago, bob_G said:

You're partially right.:laugh:

I know this much, all the guys with OOSP (out of state plates) have a long, depressing ride home.

I think they all drove here looking for those jumbo scup.:laugh:

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I think they all drove here looking for those jumbo scup.:laugh:

Not just jumbo, "world class." I know I'd gladly sit five hours in traffic backups both ways to have a shot at that. :cool:

6 mins ago, bdowning said:

Not just jumbo, "world class." I know I'd gladly sit five hours in traffic backups both ways to have a shot at that. :cool:

I expect to see Tim every time I go there. Being from NJ, I heard he's a big jumbo scup guy.

I think if it wasn't for the world class snapper blues in NJ, he'd be up here in a flash. 

11 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

I bet @HugeDinghy would know he had it in use before I joined here in 2012. I lurked here awhile and joined when the photo forum came to being .

I’m not sure. It’s been around for a long time. I even see that it spread from here to social Media. People post it that have no link to here. Lol. 

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I’m not sure. It’s been around for a long time. I even see that it spread from here to social Media. People post it that have no link to here. Lol. 

I always found it funny . I was hoping you being here longer you might've known . I figured it came from the Tavern some how . 

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

I expect to see Tim every time I go there. Being from NJ, I heard he's a big jumbo scup guy.

One time on the Vineyard, he was having such a great time jigging squid from the ferry dock on Chappy that I practically had to drag him away to catch the tide at the Gut. :laugh: He was just dropping the squid back in by holding his jig upside down.

If I had a smart phone back then, I would have shot a video of him catching hickory shad from the beach, another day.

10 hours ago, finbar said:

I don't really know exactly when it all started. It just makes me laugh every time somebody asks for a fish identification - whether a Mako shark or an Albie, it's only a matter of time before someone says "white perch!" It is especially funny when a couple posters are 'seriously' going back and forth about a species that are obviously not a white perch....:) 

Surprised nobody ID’d it as Coney Island Whitefish. (Yes, us Joisey guys are a crude bunch.)

12 hours ago, MontclairDave said:

Surprised nobody ID’d it as Coney Island Whitefish. (Yes, us Joisey guys are a crude bunch.)

Thanks for that - just when I thought I'd heard every used condom slang term! One that I recall came from your area, Fort Dix, circa 1960. Our First Sargent - "If I ever find the ####### who put the "scullion" in my mess kit, y'all will know what KIA really means!" I hope this post doesn't offend.....:)