Barnacle

Bait Fishing Rod & Reel w/ Penn Mag 525

17 posts in this topic

Penn Mag 525, never used, spooled with 50 lb. Suffix Braid & 11.5' baitcasting, one piece surf rod.  Rod has 8 guides including tip, 28" from end (bottom) of butt to centerline of reel seat.  $320.00 for the rod and reel.  Located in Suffolk County, Long Island.  No shipping.  Meet up in central Long Island.

IMG_101.jpg

IMG_102.jpg

IMG_103.jpg

IMG_104.jpg

IMG_105.jpg

IMG_106.jpg

IMG_107.jpg

IMG_108.jpg

IMG_109.jpg

IMG_110.jpg

IMG_111.jpg

IMG_112.jpg

I don't have specs.  I got it a couple of years ago, but I never put it to use.  Got it from a guy here on Long Island, Wantagh/Merrick/Bellmore area who told me that it was built by someone at Causeway Bait and Tackle in Wantagh, Long Island. 

Posted (edited)

Rod is built on a Lamiglas GSB - 136-1M.  I did some research on the blank and found this info:  rated for 6-16oz and weighs 10.5 oz

Edited by Barnacle
added some specs that were requesred

17 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Penn Mag 525, never used, spooled with 50 lb. Suffix Braid & 11.5' baitcasting, one piece surf rod.

If this thing of beauty ever travels to Mass., please let me know.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:46 AM, Barnacle said:

Rod is built on a Lamiglas GSB - 136-1M

Just to be more precise...I don't know if this is feasible, but if we can get this rod/reel to MA, I'd buy it for $320.

Sharing in case you know anyone with an SUV/truck who is planning on a road trip, or a college kid that goes back and forth, etc.  Again, this may not be feasible, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:46 AM, Barnacle said:

Rod is built on a Lamiglas GSB - 136-1M.  I did some research on the blank and found this info:  rated for 6-16oz and weighs 10.5 oz

What year was the build?

What type of guides?

Lou T

Lou T - I don't know what type of guides, but Causeway B & T is probably the premier tackle shop on Long Island.  I would expect that the guides are top quality.  With the effort and detail that was put into the wraps, the guides are of the same quality. 

RP - I don't have definite plans to head up that way, but there is a chance that I might be visiting family up in Lake Sunapee area sometime in September or October.  If I do and if I still have the rod and reel i will let you know.

I would do that.  Price for reel alone would be $185 firm plus shipping costs.  Or no shipping costs if a meet up on Long Island is feasible. 

Rod has been sold to Striper79.  Penn Mag 525, never used, in box, spooled with 50 lb. Suffix Braid, is still available.  $175.00 for the reel.  Located in Suffolk County, Long Island.  Can meet up in central Long Island or will ship to continental US for $175.00 plus shipping costs.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:53 PM, Max4 said:

I am interested in the reel if you divorce the two or someone only wants the rod ? MAX 

Look back to this add.