September 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Finally off a covid quarantine. Never had it before, never want it again- twas nasty- Hit a N/MC beach for fluke at low tide as that was about my energy level- a few fluke no keepers- plenty of mullet in wash, no stripers or blues- Albies were going nuts off shore- not a single boat spotted them.  

1 hour ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Fished OC from 5:30am to 8:00am. First time out since June. Call me crazy but I have come to hate the summer around here. Anyway it was pretty chilly. Probably low 40s with the wind chill. Hard west wind. Lots of mullet in the wash and some big blow ups. Got one small bass and lots more hits on mag darter. Be out again tomorrow. 

What magdarter? Just curious. 

Boat report from today running the beach in hopes of some albies on the fly rod.  Slow ride going out in the heavy northwest but ocean side right on the beach was perfect. Ran from the hook south at sunrise.  No one out but myself. Plenty of guys putting in the effort on the beach. Tons of bait/ mostly bunker with nothing on them. Spotted birds and albies breaking off the beach. Tried working them multiple times with no hookups before a party boat steamed in and shut them down. Managed a big gator blue on a white bunny fly. Pushed back north in hopes of running into some more fish but nothing but bait schools with nothing on them…… 

So, the people jumping around on the jacks with vans on always make me nervous. Watched 2 people go down on them this morning! Crappy part is they are putting the people who may have to help them out at risk too! Quiet morning outfront and outback otherwise for me.

29 mins ago, R.O.G said:

So, the people jumping around on the jacks with vans on always make me nervous. Watched 2 people go down on them this morning! Crappy part is they are putting the people who may have to help them out at risk too! Quiet morning outfront and outback otherwise for me.

I have been avoiding the outlet as point pleasant side went full potato parking fees 365, 24/7.     other than that out front not even a bump  rubber eel, sp minnow, bucktail... guy near me using bait gave up too.

Edited by BlackFlag

1 hour ago, BlackFlag said:

I have been avoiding the outlet as point pleasant side went full potato parking fees 365, 24/7.     

Oof. Many who parking there are elderly and retirees who just enjoying a nice day out.  Eff them all indeed. Who are these people in charge.   :kook:

Fished outgoing last night. Started inside then moved out front.  Things have slowed up inside and the fish told me they want hard plastics fished at a medium speed rather than rubber bounced on the bottom.  As a very wise man once told me.. Always listen to the fish they will tell you what they want..Picked up a 24 in. bass and 3 lb blue inside on an SP minnow..  Moved out front on a rock pile and picked up a 26 in bass on a black bomber. Might have picked a few more out front except I was blinded by a bazillion candle power head lamp. I got royally pissed off.. went into a cuss word laden tirade, not a word of which was likely understood by the targeted party, and called it a night. Expected a bit more action on the new moon tide...Still skunk free since mid August.:p

Edited by JimK

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

• Sudsy locked this topic