UncleJohn

September 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

459 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MC55 said:

A bit more productive this morning pulling out 5 with stripes.  All the bait that was out there yesterday morning couldn't be found today so went back to floating the bugs again.  Four on bugs and one on a yellow swimmer with the biggest at 24 inches, so fish are still on the smaller size.  On GP duty tomorrow but with the big swell on the way it's just as well.

Nice report Mike...gives me hope that this swell and cool air will get em going. 

6 hours ago, mets41 said:

Friday sunset out front NW wind 20-25 maybe higher, any thoughts?

With the predicted temp drop and the NW wind, it might get mighty interesting.

If anything, I get to smoke cigar!! I'm thinking it's beginning of the fall.  My 1st trip of season!!

7 hours ago, JimK said:

Offshore wind, hurricane swells.  If u got cajones bring the boogie board, or body surf it!!

I know you will you crazy cajone laden polock!!!!!

Remember that day in Asbury when the waves were huge!!!

22 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

It’s more like me dry humping any googan I can find whilst being scantily clad.  Rubbing up on a sharpie can get you a swimming lesson real quick.

If you’re not horny fishing
You’re not fishing…..

RC

Your crazy dude….

SMC out back between 6:00 & 8:00 pm. Fish busting everywhere. Wife got a schoolie and a nice taylor blue, both on JB chicken scratch. I just got scratch.

Fished a stretch of the RB during the rain storm I hadn't checked in a while. Pretty dead, no migratory bait at all (bunker, silversides, anchovies, etc) no bird activity. Bottom was weeded out doubt it will clear up by end of season. Only action was snappers on striped killies in close.

Talked to my buddy back in NJ today and he let me know fall has arrived up there both temperature wise and officially calendar wise so I can't help but come read reports here. I know it never gets going until later in fall but I miss the early, albeit mostly fruitless, efforts once the weather swings. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I don't want to trade in our extended summer for an early fall and I could do without seeing snow again for the rest of my life, but I miss the challenge of November/December striper fishing. Takes a real man to wake up and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and willingly lug their ass onto a 38 degree barren beach at 6 am on a Saturday with all the hope in the world that today's the day for a trophy striper. I never got my trophy, but I made serious progress last fall, and I might just have to come back to NJ for Thanksgiving to settle that unfinished business. Tight lines friends.

Out front for a bit of the incoming tide.  Wind was hard out of the north west.  Found a couple blues on a popper way out and the end of the cast.   Seen another guy catch a ray on a bucktail .  I seen two pods of mullet running south the firsts of the year for me.   No other signs of fish - it was still a nice evening.   

I didn't know a switch could be turned that changes summer to fall!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the proper etiquette for spearfishing and fishermen? The sport is growing and it seems like its okay to fish right where inlet fishermen are fishing.

38 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

Whats the proper etiquette for spearfishing and fishermen? The sport is growing and it seems like its okay to fish right where inlet fishermen are fishing.

There isn’t any, unfortunately. Makes it unfishable. They even come through at night with spotlights. 

1 hour ago, jetty eddy said:

That’s a good question- and a great idea for a new thread to discuss!! 

it is becoming much more prevalent especially in the rivers. Even this morning I saw some guys getting ready to go in (idk if they where spear fishing, but definitely diving )

1 min ago, Mr.Belmar said:

That’s a good question- and a great idea for a new thread to discuss!! 

it is becoming much more prevalent especially in the rivers. Even this morning I saw some guys getting ready to go in (idk if they where spear fishing, but definitely diving )

Its pretty windy here in Jackson. Can only imagine how windy was it at the beach

6 mins ago, richie c said:

Its pretty windy here in Jackson. Can only imagine how windy was it at the beach

It was fairly windy this morning around 5am maybe 15 or so… WNW wind so it was probably pretty easy off the beach, but the waves were like 6-8ft… although high tide - it looked like you could time it out easily and fish pretty easily. I’m surprised there’s not more reports from this morning… seemed like a prime time this morning. It was also 54 degrees!!! Errrr 

i fished the back, which is my norm, so my report might not be useful. Tide wasn’t 100% for the spot and time I fished. It should have been incoming but the wind was working against the tide at that moment in time. So it was counter productive. I fished for 45min, had one fish come up and hit my plug clear out of the water about 2 or 3 ft… and that was that