UncleJohn

September 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

459 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, nam1969 said:

In keeping with today's trends we will no longer refer to it as a skunk, as that is offensive to our furry friends. From now on it must be referred to as a non productive piscatorial excursion. Also, the term fish is not in keeping with PETAs Sea Kitten designation. Just a heads up.

:point:

Beach was slow this morning.  No kingfish. One short fluke. Plenty of tiny bait (1-2") out there. 

Went to an inlet and found a pod of mullet stacked in a corner.  Steady pick on monster blues...wait.... nevermind...they were 10-12" snappers.   Lol. 

25 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Beach was slow this morning.  No kingfish. One short fluke. Plenty of tiny bait (1-2") out there. 

Went to an inlet and found a pod of mullet stacked in a corner.  Steady pick on monster blues...wait.... nevermind...they were 10-12" snappers.   Lol. 

You just gave 100 people a heart attack. :cool:

Same thing for me this morning. Slow……0600-1100. Monmouth county. Fished it all, started with the fly rod and changed to fluke. Managed 1 keeper and lost another on the rocks. Very slow action and not as much bait observed off shore from the past few days. No sightings of bonito chasing bait like mid week. Went back to the fly rod with a crab pattern. Conditions were perfect working a nice lip but could not draw a strike. 

2 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Same thing for me this morning. Slow……0600-1100. Monmouth county. Fished it all, started with the fly rod and changed to fluke. Managed 1 keeper and lost another on the rocks. Very slow action and not as much bait observed off shore from the past few days. No sightings of bonito chasing bait like mid week. Went back to the fly rod with a crab pattern. Conditions were perfect working a nice lip but could not draw a strike. 

Was nice to have that offshore wind midweek.. Need that to get the hard tails in close. 

7 hours ago, LBI SurfRat said:

At least the beaches will be empty tomorrow morning.

14 hours ago, HarrytheKid said:

Water in Atlantic County was clean and calm. Still a little too warm, and not much white water. Lots of small bait with snappers on it. No stripes this morning 4-6:30. 

Thanks hope you get em’ next time.

I've had a solid week of big blues and some bass up to keeper size.  The bait is thick.  Bucktails and wire leader.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, Fishit 2 said:

Kingfish have finally returned, millions of sand crabs in the wash, been using Fishbites sand crab flavor 

County ??

CMC. (Somebody’s gotta post)

Unbelievable amount of spearing in the surf. Small fluke were coming up to eat the surface while I was swimming with the youngins. (Polarized sunglasses baby.)

Peanuts thick in the bays. 

Im in Atlantic County, I've been using Fishbites for years, they are only effective when the water is warm but the last couple weeks it's been ridiculous - the water is so warm the FishBites melt within two casts. You have to constantly rebait, you cast and quickly bounce it back to shore before the stuff melts off the hook.

Fished an hour of the outgoing central moco this pm…a sea robin for my efforts…domestic issues forced me to leave early

Moco, out front, incoming to a little after the flip.  Lots of bait in close, including some mullet.  Fluke bite was slow for me (fished a pink/white half-and-half fly), but one guy was pulling in shorts pretty steadily (he had 2 keepers as well).  After the flip, something moved through out of casting range (consensus was they were bones).  

11 hours ago, Fishit 2 said:

Im in Atlantic County, I've been using Fishbites for years, they are only effective when the water is warm but the last couple weeks it's been ridiculous - the water is so warm the FishBites melt within two casts. You have to constantly rebait, you cast and quickly bounce it back to shore before the stuff melts off the hook.

Then I might have to give it a go with my dessicated, 4 year old bag or fishbites!  In town til Tuesday, so I might try the surf, or the ammo pier.