RiverRaider

I have to go back to the office next week

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, Slacker said:

As opposed to carrying your burgers and fries back to your table on plastic tray.  You Philadelphia heathen.

I'm opening a restaurant for single guys.

No tables, but you get your own sink to stand in front of.

I’ve been remote or hybrid in one way or another for the better part of 10 years, just started a new job a month ago that is 5 days in office. It’s a shock to the system, particularly the commute. 
I can’t see starting at a new company and not having an office for indoctrination training. 

13 hours ago, Sparky said:

I'm opening a restaurant for single guys.

No tables, but you get your own sink to stand in front of.

Doubles as a urinal :th:

On 9/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, PeterO said:

I had a couple of offices in NYC with spectacular unobstructed views, lower Hudson, looking west with awesome sunsets.  But I had to wear a suit and a long commute.  Couldn’t walk downstairs in fuzzy slippers and sip cocoa.

I used to be able to watch the November striped carp migration on the Hudson AND the Stuyvesant high school girls field hockey practice :th: 

Cant help but being a little jealous of the work from home crew .  I’m a carpenter and worked rite thru, work even got busier with all the hospital construction going on .   My best friend works from home while his wife is in the office ; he’s got it made . I get pictures all day,   Does what he has to, then chills with the dog , grills , hangs in the garage . I guess some times college does pay