surfrat59

FS: Pair of 705Z Drilled Bailless

16 posts in this topic

Pair of 705Z greenies. Bailless, rotor cups drilled and counterbalanced. Spooled with fresh 20lb Fireline. Greased, serviced, no issues. One was fished lightly last fall, the other just done. 

$125 each shipping/pp fees included. Take both for asking and I'll include a brand new gold spool also filled with fresh 20lb Fireline.

20220901_064555.jpg

20220901_064622.jpg

20220901_064632.jpg

Bump...$235 shipped both reels and the new spare spool...best offer. Some lefty needs these for the fall run, if not just needs em anyway. These are done unlike most if any others.

I know you young lefty's have no clue about the abilities of a properly modded bail less 705Z, but I'm dropping the price one final time so you have the opportunity to experience them first hand. $185 cash pickup Smithtown, $200 shipped for both reels and spare spool ready to fish. Shouldn't even think about selling these until the VR 151 and 201 prove they are reliable replacements...but if they're not I have a bunch more in the pile to modify and put back in the rotation...last call.

two dumb questions...

are most of the internal parts interchangeable with 704z's?

if they rotate the same direction as a 704, how does the manual pickup not interfere with your left index finger? ive never laid my hands on one to see, have always used 704s to my lefty detriment, and finally got a vr151 and it solved all my problems, except i trust the old penns more for some reason

Main gear and handle are not the same, threaded  opposite. You can't pickup line with left index because as you say they are rh rotation, picked it up with right hand and put it back on the roller. Easy to do once you spend some time fishing it. Main reason they were converted to bail less was to prevent bail closure on cast, the Z's were notorious for rolling on a hard cast. Not many modern reels can withstand the salt as good as a Z, none are as easy to maintain.

36 mins ago, mssz said:

got it thanks. respectfully offer $80 for one of em with the extra spool shipped?

Thanks for the offer but I'm rock bottom already. Best I could do $190 pp/shipping include for the lot.

21 mins ago, mssz said:

ok ill pass then thank you, dont need two. good luck though they are awesome

Everybody needs more than one ! Alright 1 and spare spool $115 shipped...you're killin me

2 hours ago, mssz said:

i hear you. have the drag stacks on the on the original spools ever been replaced?

Yes but not in quite awhile. If you ever needed still available complete stack OEM under $10

im sorry to jerk you around, but i just got hit with some bills so im gonna have to pass. i know ill regret it. only thing i can offer though if youre open to it is $50 and a clean good condition 706z for one of these greenies, without spare spool. i have too many old penns that i dont use anymore and are collecting dust, dont know if you need more to convert. if not i get it and ill have to pass. 

9 mins ago, mssz said:

im sorry to jerk you around, but i just got hit with some bills so im gonna have to pass. i know ill regret it. only thing i can offer though if youre open to it is $50 and a clean good condition 706z for one of these greenies, without spare spool. i have too many old penns that i dont use anymore and are collecting dust, dont know if you need more to convert. if not i get it and ill have to pass. 

The 706 mechanically no issues, if so reel for reel plus $50 on your end works. ck pm's

One sold/traded to MSSZ...thanks Matt. One left w/spare spool, fresh Fireline on both spools...$115 shipped.