luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2022

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, MDsurffishing said:

Looks like the MD OSV is shut down again due to overwash, hope it fixes itself soon!

Might be a good thing ..Hope it creates lots of nice cuts and structure like that big storm last spring..

I have a feeling it will be closed for a while,  will see if it opens back up for the weekend or not.

Off shore Sept. hurricanes helps push the Drum in.  Wished I was still there to hit the beach as soon as it opens.  Good Luck

22 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Yep see that often.  That and people airing down on the ramp blocking access. 

Drives me nuts. Then they look at you funny when you try and get by them.

6 mins ago, F150Fish said:

Drives me nuts. Then they look at you funny when you try and get by them.

Yep.  Two weeks ago had three arses airing down at Faithful Steward.  After about 5 minutes the pressure they had let out got into my head and the horn just magically started honking.  They didn't much care for that as indicated by the middle finger salutes!!!!  So if you heard my horn doing 10 second intervals for several minutes I apologize.  

5 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Yep.  Two weeks ago had three arses airing down at Faithful Steward.  After about 5 minutes the pressure they had let out got into my head and the horn just magically started honking.  They didn't much care for that as indicated by the middle finger salutes!!!!  So if you heard my horn doing 10 second intervals for several minutes I apologize.  

Always neighborly to share the Hawiian good luck sign??

7 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

And yet there's a nice open area across the road by the picnic pavilion where one could go to air down. (Plus there's a couple of johnnies avail b4 heading on :) )  Lack of respect and courtesy.  

18 mins ago, Salt T said:

And yet there's a nice open area across the road by the picnic pavilion where one could go to air down. (Plus there's a couple of johnnies avail b4 heading on :) )  Lack of respect and courtesy.  

That’s what I don’t get. I air down a lot at savages ditch and drive over. I think the ones who air down on Faithful steward aren’t really there to fish.

dealing with the summer crowd, and its nuances is nothing new.... been that way on Delmarva for as long as i can remember, its the same down south, and north, but NJ is its own world.... its gotten worse after covid.

with that said its Sept, they start to leave... they really leave if its cloudy and below 72 degrees, with a nice brisk breeze off the water.... now that's what i'm looking forward to.

Love pulling on or off the beach with the counter under 20

1 hour ago, luckyOC said:

with that said its Sept, they start to leave...

Not sure if they still do it but labor day weekend in Dewey the locals would line up to wave goodbye to the tourists.  Almost like a parade.

3 hours ago, luckyOC said:

dealing with the summer crowd, and its nuances is nothing new.... been that way on Delmarva for as long as i can remember, its the same down south, and north, but NJ is its own world.... its gotten worse after covid.

with that said its Sept, they start to leave... they really leave if its cloudy and below 72 degrees, with a nice brisk breeze off the water.... now that's what i'm looking forward to.

Love pulling on or off the beach with the counter under 20

Yep. HI has gotten out of hand. I have a friend who lives in Frisco and he's jumping for joy now that summer is over. It's always been busy but Covid has made summer unbearable the past couple of years. Retiring in 3 weeks so fishing is on my terms and not dictated by deadlines. Still young and still lots of fishing left in me. Tight lines all come this fall. 

Got out on the beach. I had absolutely no expectations with the sea being as rough as it is. The past couple days have been unfishable, can’t even get an 8 ounce sputnik to stick. I was able to get a 10 ounce pyramid to stick though and with a bunker chunk on my hook I was able to get a little bit of fishing in. Maybe 3 minutes later I get a bite. Get it in and it was a skate. I don’t think I’ve ever been that excited to catch a skate lol. Didn’t get a hit the rest of the night and lost my only 10 oz pyramid to a bad cast that snapped my line. Still glad to have gotten out there and caught a skate.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:17 PM, Stryper Snyper said:

I must admit that I had been guilty of that before. To be honest, I had never noticed the air station over at Savage Ditch until someone on here clued me in.   

36 mins ago, Frank2104 said:

I must admit that I had been guilty of that before. To be honest, I had never noticed the air station over at Savage Ditch until someone on here clued me in.   

To reply and admit that shows good character.   Good on you.  See me on the sand stop and wet a line and have a cold one.  The dogs are friendly.