Rate this topic

202 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2022 at 3:38 PM, BLilly said:

I guess that we can go back to talking about firewood for the weekend:rav:

sure.....Chanmpion 34 ton spitter vs Iron & Oak 24 ton

9 hours ago, pilotman said:

sure.....Chanmpion 34 ton spitter vs Iron & Oak 24 ton

??? Can’t answer!

I got a used 3 pt hitch splitter from an old farmer for $250 about 25 years ago. Attaches to and utilizes the hydraulics on my tractor. Can lay it on the ground for big rounds. Works great but a bit slow. 
I’ve found it’s faster to hand split most straight grain wood and save the knotty, lumpy stuff for the splitter, but now a days my wife puts it all through the splitter. :) 

No hurricane for us.  Just a NE'er.  Maybe Allen will don a snorkel and show us pics of what a 16' swell look like on the beach at hi tide lol.

TONIGHT  NE winds 30 to 35 kt, increasing to 35 to 40 kt in the  late evening and overnight with gusts to 50 kt. Seas 10 to 12 ft,  building to 14 to 16 ft after midnight. Dominant period 10  seconds. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 NM.  MON  NE winds 35 to 40 kt with gusts to 45 kt. Seas 14 to 16  ft. Dominant period 10 seconds. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 NM in the  morning.  MON NIGHT  NE winds 30 to 35 kt, becoming N 25 to 30 kt after  midnight. Seas 13 to 15 ft. Dominant period 11 seconds. Rain.  TUE  N winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts to 40 kt. Seas 11 to 13 ft.  Dominant period 11 seconds. Rain.

Ocean City Surf Cam shows current ripping at high water.   Also Jetty cam shows jetty mostly under water and worst is yet to come.  Bummer big time.  Of course feel blessed we are not going thru what Florida has.

Edited by Critter Gitter

That doesn't look good at all!

We were supposed to leave in the morning to head to Chincoteague for the next 10 days but saw that there is a evacuation notice for the island because of expected flooding....hopefully the island fares ok...