luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2022

Rate this topic

158 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Finally.....

Fall is best - it was a slow slow summer for me.   Bluegills and small bass at local ponds with the kids.   Hoping for some saltwater trips over the next three months.

Crabbing report. - did catch some keeper crabs with the kids this past Saturday.    Super fun all three kids are into catching and eating crabs.  Dad is proud.

Get those kids started early. Mine could sit for hours picking and eating.

Crab Report - 8-31-22. crabbed from 7:30a till 11:30a caught 63 keepers. chicken and fish for bait. This was from a boat using 25 topless traps.

40 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Hard core fishing going on here.  :deadhorse:

IMG_20220904_095915173.jpg

Looks awful. Love kayak fishing.

10 mins ago, SteveZ said:

Why I don't try to fish in DE.  

First weekend of the point being open .Perfect tide.  Had to go.  Snapper blues every cast.   shad and few blue runners too.  Was off by 10 am. 

Other day I caught a ton of pinfish, all big and fat. Can’t believe I’ve never seen them before. I caught one within the first three minutes of fishing. I also caught my PB pigfish. maybe 9”. Was only able to get out for an hour or so with my ultralight rod and some nightcrawlers but I had a blast. Caught some small bluefish too.

20 hours ago, SteveZ said:

Why I don't try to fish in DE.  

Honestly I don't know why people say this. These guys aren't actually fishing, so they aren't cleaning out all the fish in the area. I fish Delaware Seashore quite a bit and if you go out in the afternoon (usually around 2) the beach is about half empty because all the day time party goers are wasted and sun tired. By about 4, 5 P.M. the beach is damn near deserted. It also tends to fall around mid tide, so I get a few hours of high going low or low going high. And I've had exponentially better luck in the afternoon than in the morning. And now? All the shoobies are packing up and leaving for the summer and the best fishing is coming up. Sure, it sucks that people use the tag as a means to party, but just playing the clock and calendar a bit, I have no issues. Tight lines.

1 hour ago, Bucktails_and_beers said:

I have no issues.

You're willing to tolerate more than I am.  So you fish how you want and I'll fish how I want and I hope we both have great success.

17 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

Other day I caught a ton of pinfish, all big and fat. Can’t believe I’ve never seen them before. I caught one within the first three minutes of fishing. I also caught my PB pigfish. maybe 9”. Was only able to get out for an hour or so with my ultralight rod and some nightcrawlers but I had a blast. Caught some small bluefish too.

Well we're sort of on the same page.  I've never caught a pigfish around here :beers:

17 mins ago, SteveZ said:

You're willing to tolerate more than I am.  So you fish how you want and I'll fish how I want and I hope we both have great success.

I haven't really had to tolerate anything other than the occasional sport utility blocking the access because they think it's parking for the beach...:kook:

But I agree...good luck to you!

6 hours ago, Bucktails_and_beers said:

I haven't really had to tolerate anything other than the occasional sport utility blocking the access because they think it's parking for the beach...:kook:

But I agree...good luck to you!

Yep see that often.  That and people airing down on the ramp blocking access.