NJ CCW, First Sighting

Rate this topic

tonymo

On 12/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, Scallywag said:

The BS bill passed the Senate. Onto King Murphs desk. Hopefully the lawsuits are being filed. 

I read that Two lawsuits are in motion. Doesnt matter what restrictions you think you dont have, this bill supercedes it.   Basically you can take your gun with you to your garbage can but need your neighbors permission if you step on his grass.  So many vague laws meant to confuse.  Dont even think the police know where it's legal to carry after this.    I tried reading the bill but got lost in the rederick of it after 7 pages.   

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!

I am so glad I am a retired LEO.  Under FLEOSA I am authorized to concealed carry a handgun in any state as long as I have my retired credentials and qualify twice a year to the standards of a NJ Police Officer.  After a recent law suit that was won by retired LEOs I can even carry hollow points in my gun.

I feel NJ sucks when it comes to issuing permits/licenses for concealed carry.  If I was still on the street, I'd be very happy to have qualified civilians carrying concealed.  

Well, the NJSP and other LE Agencies came out in favor of the Bill...LE in general doesn't want citizens of NJ to be able to exercise their 2A Rights.....and if I were you, I would do what my buddy has done as a retired LEO....he's now working security in one of the local High Schools.....got a desk and his own room and makin' great money....he's 100% in my book and will protect the kids.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

..and what about Pat Colligan...President of their PBA.....who does he speak for........he voted for the Bill.....did you know that.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

26 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

..and what about Pat Colligan...President of their PBA.....who does he speak for........he voted for the Bill.....did you know that.

I did not. However, it's all politics. 

Not that it has anything to do with it but we are about to overthrow our union chairman for signing an agreement that every member is 100% against and then keeping it quiet for over a year. Just because they're in charge doesn't mean they represent their rank and file. It's all politics and MONEY! 

Unfortunately, I've lived in this state long enough to understand who really runs the place....it's always been this way and what the NJSP want, they get....nothin' changes and for one minute if you think they are for NJ citizens and 2A, your kiddin' yourself regardless what someone tells you....omo.

"Gird Your Loins"

I know a lot of troopers. As well as a ton of other LEOs. Half my family is police or retired and I have a HUGE family. MOST of my close HS friends are police. Mainly in the town I grew up. Lots of COs as well. Their feelings are unanimous. Obviously, I'm sure there are LEOs who feel differently but I haven't met any. 

you will if you have a CCL here and have a traffic stop.............

"Gird Your Loins"

16 hours ago, Spigola said:

... and qualify twice a year...

... can even carry hollow points... 

Spig, Is the twice a year qualification requirement a New Jersey modification to FLEOSA?

The hollow point ammo issue is a New Jersey thing isn't it?

An 8 oz sinker and a bunker head will only fly so far...

57 mins ago, GoBow said:

Spig, Is the twice a year qualification requirement a New Jersey modification to FLEOSA?

Twice a tear qualification has always been a requirement for former LOEs in NJ.  The recent law suit that was won by retired LEOs here in Jersey allows the carry of hollow points.  I carry Hornady Critical Defense just so I don't get into a pissing contest if push comes to shove.  Google UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY CASE 3:20-CV-05762-ZNQ-TJB AND/OR CIVIL ACTION NO. 20-05762 (ZNQ)(TJB)

You will see the decision in favor of retired LEOs.  Good luck and Happy New Year.

4:32PM  Today....Car fully engulfed in flames on Rt.78 Bedminster....driver is out of the car....both lanes are shut down by NJSP....firearm in the car with ammunition going off........what timing....here we go.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Gird Your Loins"

On 12/30/2022 at 9:30 AM, GoBow said:

FLEOSA states retired LEOs must qualify to their resident state's requirement for retired LEOs.  NJ says twice annually. Look up the case I gave you and the decision specifically gives authority to carry HPs to retired LEOs.