Stonefish

College Football 2022

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

My favor sport by far.

First Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC.

Then NIL and the transfer portal.

Reports now are USC and UCLA moving to the Big 10 in 2024.

Lots of changes going on……

SF

Yes my favorite time to gamble $$   = week 1,2,3 after that Vegas got it tight and the refs know what the NCAA wants . 

Not a fan of all these division realignment's.  But then again I'm old and liked what it once was in terms of regions.  Not what, UCLA is going to be in Rutgers division?

7 hours ago, fishless said:

Not a fan of all these division realignment's.  But then again I'm old and liked what it once was in terms of regions.  Not what, UCLA is going to be in Rutgers division?

My guess is they move Purdue to the Eastern div, slip USC and UCLA into the west to maintain the annual game. Rutgers will see them at home every 4 years or so.

Means you’d be seeing USC vs Ohio st  in a lot of Championship games ( least that’s what they’re hoping)

By far the greatest sport. I’ll take college sports over pro anyday. Shoot, I’ll take girls college basketball over the NBA. 

On 7/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, fishless said:

It kind of ruined the game for me. At least rename the conferences. What's the Big 10 up to? 16? And the SEC will now have 3 teams from the southwest.

The good thing about Texas going to the SEC is that it will bring back one of the great rivalries and traditions, Texas vs. A&M. I don't think they've played in over 10 years.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:21 PM, HugeDinghy said:

Didn’t it all start because of UConn football, of all things? 

Yeah, and where are they now? Playing as an independent against the likes of Ball State, Army, Liberty, and Central Connecticut. This year they have the right to be demolished by Michigan in the Big House.

40 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Yeah, and where are they now? Playing as an independent against the likes of Ball State, Army, Liberty, and Central Connecticut. This year they have the right to be demolished by Michigan in the Big House.

Literally nobody thought it would end well. 

22 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Probably paid Michigan multimillion too. 

Of course, that's the only way a FCS school can get the right to be cannon fodder. Pay to get slaughtered in their house. Every Big 10 team schedules one former 1-AA softie early in their schedule, in addition to the perennial conference patsies like Indiana and Rutgers.