PSeggs

Who's ready for fall?

Rate this topic

111 posts in this topic

I know I am!   

Summer was great.  Took the whole thing off to spend time with my family.  Went on great trips and had a blast. 

Im with ya, cooler nights, fall fishing, football, and no more summer crowds!! Only downside is cleaning up leaves, and the inevitable arrival of winter.

9 mins ago, Kooky said:

cooler nights

Something sweet about bundling up for a crispy early fall night trip 

agreed i get so sick of sweating, that is really nice and refreshing having those cool crisp nights

I'm deff ready for fall I think with the way things have been going to its going to be an epic fall run!

I usually catch my pb striper of the year in August, so I’m always sad to see it end. 

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Way beyond ready.

This summer has sucked for fishing.

Is it just me or has this been the summer of endless wind? Seems I just whisper the word fishing and up go the gale warnings!

The heat has been monotonous, but I work outside, so I never look forward to winter.

One thing that will make it a little more bearable- keep daylight savings time.

5 mins ago, The TideRunner said:

Is it just me or has this been the summer of endless wind? Seems I just whisper the word fishing and up go the gale warnings!

The heat has been monotonous, but I work outside, so I never look forward to winter.

So true. Feels like it blew SW for 2 straight months. 

2 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

2 hours ago, FlukeOff said:

So true. Feels like it blew SW for 2 straight months. 

Holy crap I’ve been saying it for months. I took up saltwater fly fishing this year and the wind is never ending SW.  SW wind is not my friend, I have a hard enough time casting a fly rod with no wind. My wind app is always off by 10 mph plus it’ll say 5 mph but really like 15 lol. I guess one can blame the wind on me for taking up fly fishing. Come on fall. 

Anybody have fruit trees?

I started bus runs yesterday and every apple tree on my route is barren.  

20 hours ago, Kooky said:

Im with ya, cooler nights, fall fishing, football, and no more summer crowds!! Only downside is cleaning up leaves, and the inevitable arrival of winter.

I crack a few white claws, pop in some tunes and mulch em with the lawn tractor.    

I'm poppin wheelies by can No. 3

I am ready to lose the heat.  I am not ready to return to work. No apples around new Milford. My crossbow will get some tuning soon.